Blowing same fuse every two days

Ive got a 87 4.0 auto, and I keep blowing the parking lamps fuse(10a), my hypothesis is since I have a non-working front driverside turn signal, it may be the culprit in the short circuit that is causing the fuse to continually blow.

If I'm wrong is this a problem that other mj owners have experienced?

"64 Cheyenne"]The front turn signal sockets are crap on our MJs.

You got that right. I've seen sockets so bad no way to salvage them. Rust and corrosion. Just cut 'em out and install new ones.

The ones out of an XJ are a direct fit. Just cut and splice with whatever method you prefer.

replacement NEW sockets can be found in the HELP! section at any auto parts store, i think it's a ford socket, but it's there. just cut yours out and wire this one in (3 wires, no big deal) i did both of mine a few years back after they quit working.

maybe take the lens in with you to be sure you get the right thing, but it is there.

I had the same problem on my 90 MJ. The parking light fuse kept blowing, then I had no parking lights, OR TAIL LIGHTS!! :ack:

It turned out that there are wiring harnesses in the dash for switches on bolth sides of the steering wheel. My truck has no switches for anything there but the harness had rubbed up against metal back there in the dash and thats what was causing the fuze to blow. No problems since I had the harness taped up.

I had the same problem on my 90 MJ. The parking light fuse kept blowing, then I had no parking lights, OR TAIL LIGHTS!! :ack:

It turned out that there are wiring harnesses in the dash for switches on bolth sides of the steering wheel. My truck has no switches for anything there but the harness had rubbed up against metal back there in the dash and thats what was causing the fuze to blow. No problems since I had the harness taped up.

good point, this fuse also does the dash illumination, so all the orange wires (not ALL of them, but alot of them) in the dash are tied in with it (radio illumination, switch illum., cigg-lighter-lamp)

replacement NEW sockets can be found in the HELP! section at any auto parts store, i think it's a ford socket, but it's there. just cut yours out and wire this one in (3 wires, no big deal) i did both of mine a few years back after they quit working.

maybe take the lens in with you to be sure you get the right thing, but it is there.

I had the same problem with the right running light not working and the in dash light staying on all the time. I replaced my right socket today with a new one I got from O-Reilly in their lighting help isle. The product name is Dorman with part number 84716. Yes, it says its for a Ford but it works on our Jeep trucks.

Warning!!! Although the colors of the wires on the new replacement socket are the same colors as on our trucks, (black. brown, blue) the brown wire and the blue wire have to be swapped for it to work properly. (brown on truck to blue on socket / blue on truck to brown on socket) (black to black is OK) I tried hooking it up by matching the colors but ended up with a very bright running light and a very dim blinker. After swapping the brown and blue wires it works great.

Oh, I did have to do one more thing. When I installed the new socket into my lens, the seal didn't seem very tight making the socket feel kinda loose. I fixed it by removing the seal off my old socket and added it on top of the new seal on the new socket. Now it has a nice tight fit and seal.