Cargo Light

TheMagician

I have a 1992 Comanche base model and I am looking for a Cargo Light

If you have the wiring and switch that will help.

I would like to install a cargo/brake light but I am having a hard time trying to find a flush mount setup. If you know where I can find a flush mount cargo/brake light setup please let me know.

:thumbsup:

The cargo light wiring is already run in all of our trucks. We just need to get the switch for the light and the light itself.

There is a pink wire that runs up along the drivers side B-Pillar to the roof of the cab, on that wire there is a connector for the cargo light. The light itself grounds through the steel body of the truck by using the same screws that hold the light on. To install the light you need to tap into the wires run for the switch by the steering column and install your own switch. The light can be installed in the cab (I bet you could get another light from some other truck in a yard to work too) by drilling a hold in the cab to let the pink wire through and then drilling the holes to attach the light to the cab.

The factory light is not a brake light. It only is a cargo light.

• 1 month later...

The light itself grounds through the steel body of the truck by using the same screws that hold the light on. To install the light you need to tap into the wires run for the switch by the steering column and install your own switch. The light can be installed in the cab (I bet you could get another light from some other truck in a yard to work too) by drilling a hold in the cab to let the pink wire through and then drilling the holes to attach the light to the cab.

Are there any location marks or dimbles in factory sheetmetal to locate light in the exact location?

Without pulling down my headliner yet, I didn't know if I could drill from the inside out or if I have to take careful measurerments of three (3) holes from donor MJ.