Reciever Hitch

xjrev10

They are nearly extinct for the comanche I had to make my own as I tried finding a New one but no Luck and the used one I did find was no good...

Good luck finding a good one..

i am a welder by trade and could fab one up in half a day for the truck.

In Minnesota it is illegal to even weld on factory built reciever hitch. If I was to ever get in an accident involving me towing a trailer, they might look and see whats going on with the hitch and who the manufacturer is. Long shot yes but you never know in this day and age.

Ahhh Well that sucks for sure Well I hope the one that was posted is in good shape...

And I hope your factory bumper is in good shape as well because the hitch needs to bolt onto your factory step bumper...

nope its junk. but you can still buy new rear bumpers if you look hard enough

There are No OE rear MJ bumpers available anymore unless there is a NOS one hideing in a Junkyard or such as I have access to Mopars Inventory and there is nothing available or I would have them here and I had to use a Fey aftermarket bumper which is a nice bumper and similar in design but in order to use it with the Reciever hitch you would need to make up a spacer plate to sandwhich between the bumper and the hitch...

Ahhh Well that sucks for sure Well I hope the one that was posted is in good shape...

And I hope your factory bumper is in good shape as well because the hitch needs to bolt onto your factory step bumper...

nope its junk. but you can still buy new rear bumpers if you look hard enough

its a secret :brows:

The receiver/hitch does not "need" to be bolted to the factory step bumper! The factory bumper has no strength to add to the receiver/hitch at all.

Try tapping your factory bumper with a hammer. See what it takes to "mark" the bumper. Then take the same hammer and smash the receiver/hitch as hard as you can, see what that does to the hitch - answer - not a darn thing.

The receiver/hitch does not "need" to be bolted to the factory step bumper! The factory bumper has no strength to add to the receiver/hitch at all.

Well the MJ Hitch is Designed to Work with a factory Bumper... It is a choice to not bolt it to the bumper but that is the way the MJ Hitch is designed to be installed which is why I said you should have a good condition bumper…

Anyone can decide to not do anything they like but that does not mean that was how it was intended for use…

OP....

Have you found a hitch Yet?

I found this one Available but pricey...

http://www.carpartsplanet.com/product.p ... t=0&page=1

• 2 weeks later...