SCORE!!

armybmbsqd

I just bought a 1989 Cherokee that was going to be a parts truck for my 89 Comanche. The guy that had it said his mechanic told him the timing belt(?) was bad. It wouldn't run very well at normal speeds. He also had to manually shift the AT to get it to change gears. I went to take a look at it and tried to jump start it. It was not getting any fuel to the fuel rail so I offered him $200 bucks for it. After I towed it home I started to see if it would run. If not, it was in great shape for parts. I charged the battery which seems to hold a charge. I checked the fuel pump relay, ballast resistor and wiring and found nothing wrong but still the fuel pump was not working. I "Hot Wired" the pump and it worked fine. Just by chance I decided to put some more fuel in the tank and try again. Guess what.... it started right up. Fuel gage said it had 1/2 tank.

I hooked up the vacuum line to the MAP sensor and attached the transmission wiring harness to the computer and the truck runs great!!!

Not bad for $200 bucks.

The only problem right now is it is stuck in 4WD. That should be any easy fix.

Now I guess I'll give it to one of the kids so they'll stop driving my MJ.

Pat

89 MJ

4.7L

Well thats great I love EOD and should have been one for the AF. I am a Chemical warfare instructor and do the detection for CBRN threats and stuff. Kinda like your chemical core guys do. My carreer field and the EOD guys have a great relationship so we hang out alot together. Good luck with retirement I still have around 18 years till I can say "just a few more months".

BTW you have a clean looking MJ from the avatar you have any big ones.

Cole

thats CLEAN!

are you sure its actually in 4x4 or is the light just on?

i ask because my light is always on because the axle disconnect controls the light and my axle doesnt disconnect properly... so you might not actually have a problem (the axle disconnect doesnt need to work right, all D30s after 91 did away with it)

just a thought...

NICE MJ... any pics of the other one?

The 4X4 light is not even on but you can sure tell when driving it that it stuck in 4 wheel drive. I need to crawl under it to check the vacuum lines. I know most of the vacuum lines under the hood were screwed up so it would make sense that the rest are messed up to.

It needs oil and trans fluid change, new hoses and probably brakes but I still think I got a good deal.

Pat

89 MJ

and now 89 XJ

the transfer case isnt shifted by vacuum just to clarify, the axle can be connected with the truck out of 4x4... not abig deal.

IS THAT RED MJ a STROKER!?!!

(want want want)

my K&N made a difference a little bit, seems to respond better and it sounds BA. my truck roars from under the hood with the 6x9 filter. (its always been on there so i couldnt tell you mileage)

I didn't get any millage gain with the K&N because it is on a 4.7 L Stroker!!!

My stroker uses an 87 block bored 60 over, 93 head and intake, oversize throttle body, Borla header, and ACCELL 25lb injectors just to make a few items!!

It creates awesome low end power but I now have a shake that I think is coming from the tranny. It shakes real bad when it goes into overdrive.

If I had to do it again I would use something other than the K&N. I don't think it's worth the price.

Pat

89 MJ

4.7 L