Introducing myself and my MJ

Hey guys!

I just bought an '87 comanche about 5 days ago. I'm loving her so far. It has 190k miles on the 4.0 but runs really good and smooth. It has the Dana 30/35 combo, tied together with an np231 and a Peugeot BA10/5. Previous owner replaced the clutch, master cylinder, radiator, and water pump. The tranny feels really smooth... almost smoother than my XJ :roll: lol. Other than that I've been doing the basics. Fixed the CAD, fixed leaky exhaust, (has cracked manifold still.) fixed fuel gauge, fixed falling headliner, took the shell off, cleaned the truck inside and out (waiting on a new trigger for my pressure washer to really go far it.), and I also put together a smoking deal on rims and tires that I couldn't pass up so I threw them on too.

Future plans are a small lift to clear the 31s a little better. I also want to convert to an open cooling system sometime soon as I hear this hissing sound coming from the coolant bottle every time I shut the truck off :???: Is this normal? I also plan to swap gauge clusters using this writeup: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=921205 I can't stand the stupid idiot lights. PO did put an oil pressure gauge under the dash, but I hate that too.

Enough babble.... here are some pics:

How she looked when I brought her home

Little bit later with the shell off

All cleaned up

Headliner set out

Wiring in the gas tank held together with... bailing wire

New rims and tires

had to test for rubbing

And that's where I'm at now (minus one front mud flap :rotfl2: ) Any and all comments are welcomed as well as as ideas and thoughts :D

Maverick~

Thanks for the replies guys!

And about the color, I love it too! I would love to get it re-sprayed in the original color scheme.

Yesterday my BIL and I installed some spacers in front. Now I need the rear up about an inch. How can I achieve this? lol. Picture is coming in about 5 minutes.

Welcome to the club and X3 on the color scheme. I am biased toward grey/silver with charcoal/black accent. Also, great look with the new tires and wheels. I am glad I have always chosen to put the whitewall on the inside! Nice truck and look forward to future mods. Buck.