Dicks New to Me MJ Build

http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showth ... mmanche***

there she is. started out as a fellow board members MJ, some things happened and another member got it. I'm picking it up for a VERY good deal. there 21 pages of build and bs. quick overview: 86 mj auto 2wd converted to 4wd. has a 99 xj's motor, tranny(4.0, aw4), front clip, interior(dash and all), doors, front/rear axles. custom built long arms similar to claytons. spring over front and rear( i believe but not completely certain. at least one of them). ill update with pics this week, but i wanted to start this thread and keep it going with everything i do.

http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?3479-***MF-Steve-s-Project-Wife-Beater-Commanche***

there she is. started out as a fellow board members MJ, some things happened and another member got it. I'm picking it up for a VERY good deal. there 21 pages of build and bs. quick overview: 86 mj auto 2wd converted to 4wd. has a 99 xj's motor, tranny(4.0, aw4), front clip, interior(dash and all), doors, front/rear axles. custom built long arms similar to claytons. spring over front and rear( i believe but not completely certain. at least one of them). ill update with pics this week, but i wanted to start this thread and keep it going with everything i do.

spring over front ???? its a coil front suspention

just teasing :yes: good pick on that manche keep it alive

I quickly skimmed over the 17 odd pages...he doesn't much like pics do he!! :dunno: :rotf: SEEMS like its a good build, nice ideas anyhow... the front bumper looks nice. I would like to see the whole package in greater detail...

Good luck with it.

CW

when I go see it this week to pay for it, I'll br taking a mullion pictures to share with everyone. A lot of people in my other forum want to see an updated set of pictures too. It's been around a year since there's been any pics taken.

thanks for the comments. And I don't know about the front yet for sure haha. I have seen soa up front before, but I dunno about this one. I'm just itching to get it in my newly cleaned out 2-car garage haha.

ok so as I'm trying to keep this thing as affordable as possible when it comes to my budget i don't want to buy things unless i need them. right now its got stock 99 xj steel wheels. do those have any clearance issues with bigger than stock tires? i plan on running a 34x10.50 ltb. w/o having the tires on for me to find out myself, is there someone out there with the experience of those wheels with a similar size tire?

also, i plan on just "rhino lining" the interior instead of putting any type of "peel n seal" stuff or other carpeting/insulation down. any disadvantages of that when it comes to the MJ?

Nice truck man.

thanks. ill get a TON of pics this weekend of it. so expect a very long post of pics :typing: :clapping:

and i guess idont know anything about the front set up, other than the long arms. ill know more when i get the pics :doh:

ok so good news. my fiance(who does not know I'm buying this comanche) is heading out of town unexpectedly to get her dress final fitted. soooooo it will make the delivery of the truck easier. it will be in the garage and she won't even know it. i should be heading over to the jeep in about 2 and a half hours when i get off work(its 945 here) and picking it up. its from a friend of mine, and since I'm buying it for a grand, I'm gonna bring him one thousand one dollar bills haha. i work for a bank so its easy to do. we will be putting together the rear axle and then loading it up on the trailer and heading to my house. my garage feels so empty witout a project in there since i sold my mustang, so it will be happy too :)

man, when my fiance finally sees what i bought, shes gonna beat me senseless. but it will be worth it haha. i feel like it easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission. cause seriously, she would tell me to go piss in the wind.

ill be taking a million pics, so the next update this evening should include a whole lot of pics!!