Had an accident....

dasbulliwagen

I was sitting on the couch last night about 8:30 watching Good Eats, when all of a sudden a huge BANG happens on the livingroom wall behind me. I could see out the window through the curtain just enough to see my MJ resting against thee side of the house! I guess when I got home 3 hours earlier, that I had left it out of gear for a minute to sit there and enjoy the AC, and forgot to put it back in gear when I was done. Its a pretty flat driveway so I don't always set the parking brake either. It must have just enough grade to it though eveidently to let it roll toward the house through the unpaved section against the house. The pics, as embarassing as they are, are below.

The MJ is miraculously unharmed, but the two little divots in the side of the house will need to be taken care of soon! If it would have had the original bumper on it, there might not have been any mark on either the truck or the house. Oh well... thats the price I pay for chrome!

JUST missed the window!!!

I had a van roll down a hill once... Must have TOTALLED out two cars. I knocked on doors all around where the cars where parked. I got doors slammed in my face and people telling me to get lost to did anyone get hurt...no then drive away!!! NO ONE owned up to the cars!!! I called the cops myself... two hours later, no cops. I beat the fender out, started the van and drove home. That was 1988...STILL have herd nothing...LOL

CW

Wow, that sucks! Glad there wasn't any really bad damage.

I like the wagomanche look. Was that ever available from the factory or did you add it as a junkyard option?

Yup Junkyard option.... actually a pristine 1986 Wagoneer Cash for Clunker trade in.... got the grille, the front fenders, the front doors, front bumper, radio, clock, cig lighter, front skid plate, and t-case skid plate from it.... all but the skid plates are curently installed on th MJ. Same color too!

JUST missed the window!!!

I had a van roll down a hill once... Must have TOTALLED out two cars. I knocked on doors all around where the cars where parked. I got doors slammed in my face and people telling me to get lost to did anyone get hurt...no then drive away!!! NO ONE owned up to the cars!!! I called the cops myself... two hours later, no cops. I beat the fender out, started the van and drove home. That was 1988...STILL have herd nothing...LOL

CW

I too have had a van roll down a hill! It was my work van at the time. I was leaving the jobsite, and noticed I left the back doors open, it was on a slight incline going backwards down the hill, and I didnt want anything to fall out. So I stopped the van, jumped out, got almost all the way around to the back doors, when it starts rolling again, park pawl clicking the whole way. It picked up steam real fast... too fast for me to be able to jump back in it safely. It rolled all the way down this dirt jobsite driveway, across the road, through the ditch and stopped when it hit a tree in the woods there. The boss wouldnt talk to me till the next day after he cooled down.... good I guess. I pulled it into drive after the accident, and drove it right out back onto the road.... shtuff flying everywhere! Drove it back to the shop after slamming the rear doors shut and went home to hide. But thing is, there are houses in that wooded area now. I can just imagine what would have happened it it was like that at the time it happened. don't even want to think about it! Ford dealer looked at it and couldnt find anything wrong as to why it would have started rolling in park.

Last year my TJ decided to roll down a CO mountain trail by its self. My pasenger and I jumped out, facing down hill to take a picture/spot the jeep coming from behind. It was in neutral with the parking brake applied. I open the back tailgate and shut. Upon shutting it starts to roll down the trail, drop off to the right and a steep uphill grade to the left. I sprinted beside the Jeep and realized I left my driver window down, so I grabbed the wheel and pulled, turning the front wheels uphill stopping the forward roll. Somehow the parking brake dropped a few clicks allowing enough pressure release to set her in motion.

I don't think I have ever moved so fast.

Good thing you didn't have a 715. I was nearly killed when I was 12 when someone left their parking brake off. I've used my ever since I started driving. If there is an incline, I will put the wheels right and shove it in the appropriate gear.