Crap another Dana 44!

Sir Sam

So a couple of weeks ago I came across a Dana 44 from an XJ. Sold it for a quick profit.

Thursday I came across another Dana 44 from an XJ, well, I was in a rush but I figured I couldn't pass it up, so I pulled it. Managed to get it out in quick order by myself. I had to get over to the body parts store by 5pm(closing time), 4:51 I had it paid for and was 7 minutes away from the parts store by google maps. Get out to the Jeep and have to get all the other parts out of it to load the rear end. Being in a rush I needed to get going quick, just decided the quickest way to load the axle was to pick it up and put it in.

So i proceeded to do a task which probably should have hurt me, and at the least was just a dumb idea. I picked up the rear end off the cart, and put it in the back or the cherokee, once quick swift move. Then without taking a moment to rest grabbed all the other crap and threw it in. Got over to the body parts store at 5:01, managed to get in the door, and got my parts. Woot!

So today I run back to the junkyards looking for the hood and cooling fan I didn't have time for on thursday. What do I find, a MJ with a Dana 44.

So I got F*ck, I guess I gotta pull it.

So 1.75 hours later I got a Mj dana 44 in the back of my Jeep.

So now I have two dana 44s here, a dana 60 front, and there is another dana 60 front taunting me from the junkyard.

Yarg, too many axles.

Can I borrow your horseshoe? Wish I had that kind of luck :bowdown:

Ya, no kidding, maybe I should go buy a lotto ticket.

Though to be fair the first Dana 44 I've managed to snag ever was a couple of weeks ago, and I will probably not find anymore for awhile. Right place at the right time sort of thing.

Don't know how many 87 XJ's I've come across and the rear end was missing, someone beat me to it.

So a couple of weeks ago I came across a Dana 44 from an XJ. Sold it for a quick profit.

Thursday I came across another Dana 44 from an XJ, well, I was in a rush but I figured I couldn't pass it up, so I pulled it. Managed to get it out in quick order by myself. I had to get over to the body parts store by 5pm(closing time), 4:51 I had it paid for and was 7 minutes away from the parts store by google maps. Get out to the Jeep and have to get all the other parts out of it to load the rear end. Being in a rush I needed to get going quick, just decided the quickest way to load the axle was to pick it up and put it in.

So i proceeded to do a task which probably should have hurt me, and at the least was just a dumb idea. I picked up the rear end off the cart, and put it in the back or the cherokee, once quick swift move. Then without taking a moment to rest grabbed all the other crap and threw it in. Got over to the body parts store at 5:01, managed to get in the door, and got my parts. Woot!

So today I run back to the junkyards looking for the hood and cooling fan I didn't have time for on thursday. What do I find, a MJ with a Dana 44.

So I got F*ck, I guess I gotta pull it.

So 1.75 hours later I got a Mj dana 44 in the back of my Jeep.

So now I have two dana 44s here, a dana 60 front, and there is another dana 60 front taunting me from the junkyard.

Yarg, too many axles.

Wow, you got some luck there... still haven't seen a single 44, only turdy5s and 8.25s. Pulled the "my back is gonna hate me" trick loading a d30 with brakes, shocks, control arms, and steering+trackbar still attached the other day, fortunately I had an MJ to throw it into instead of an XJ and my back is doing fine jamminz.gif

I did see a grand waggy with 44s still under it in a scrapyard yesterday though. Didn't care enough to lift it up and pull them out, I was on a mission to find a 97-up electric cooling fan, so I told the NAXJA NAC guys where it was and hopefully someone will use em.

Well the XJ Dana 44 is gone. Sold it an hour ago for $400.

Then I backed up the Jeep and unloaded the MJ D44. Time to take more pictures and post it online.

Hope fully that will sell and I won't be worried about the mortgage this month!

I was on a mission to find a 97-up electric cooling fan.

The 1996's will also have the newer higher CFM fan.

Really? Nice, thanks a ton, the yard 2 miles from my apartment has a whole row of 96s right now. :cheers:

I remember when I found my '87 XJ Dana44... A week later I found a minty '98 XJ 8.25 with factory LSD... Sold the Dana and made a few bucks. I have yet to find an MJ 44 and I've seen about 10 MJs go through the U-pulls in the last year.

I was on a mission to find a 97-up electric cooling fan.

The 1996's will also have the newer higher CFM fan.

Yes and that one was plug and play on my '88 Renix. 97+ you have to splice connectors, not a big deal but still...