Removed then installed gas tank, now won't start

I moved my gas tank out of the way while I painted my frame and when I put it back in its original location the truck wouldn't start.

Does anyone know any shops near OKC or Dallas that will take my comanche in for a front axel swap? The place here gave me a hard time telling me that they need a jig of some sort and that they couldn't do it. But I want to know for sure from the forum guys first.

front axel swap isnt very hard . unbolt the control arms ,track bar, shocks , and disconect the drive shaft(if its 4wd) then reverse the process with the new axel. it helps to have somebody to help you get it into place tho. I'm not very mechanically inclined and i can do it in a few hours with some help.

I would make sure the pump is getting power and make sure you didnt pinch any lines.

as long as your putting in an MJ/XJ axle the front axle install is pretty easy,i wouldnt take it to a shop.

Check the ground wire behind the left tail light, besides grounding the tail lights, it's also the ground for the fuel pump and sending unit.

Post what year MJ we're talking about, and there might be a couple other things to check.

Oh, and 3 or 4 X's on swapping out the front axle yourself.

:D It starts now. I guess It was the ground wire. All i did was hook up the tail lights and it works now.

About the front axle swap. I need a shop because I live in an apartment. I am getting donor axles from a 3/4 ton truck and my truck is not 4x4. I also need the shop to add in the 4x4 parts. So, let me ask again. Anyone know refrence material or something I can do, while I search for a shop to meet my comanches needs. :smart:

About the front axle swap. I need a shop because I live in an apartment. I am getting donor axles from a 3/4 ton truck and my truck is not 4x4. I also need the shop to add in the 4x4 parts. So, let me ask again. Anyone know refrence material or something I can do, while I search for a shop to meet my comanches needs. :smart:

You're doing an axle conversion, not a straight swap. You need a specialty shop that does custom 4x4 work, I wouldn't trust a job like that to a corner garage. And I hope you have deep pockets, because whatever axle you got, it's going to have to be modified to fit into a Comanche.

What is the "donor" axle out of? Have you even considered things like overall width, brakes, wheel lug bolt pattern, control arm brackets, ...?

You're doing an axle conversion, not a straight swap. You need a specialty shop that does custom 4x4 work, I wouldn't trust a job like that to a corner garage. And I hope you have deep pockets, because whatever axle you got, it's going to have to be modified to fit into a Comanche.

What is the "donor" axle out of? Have you even considered things like overall width, brakes, wheel lug bolt pattern, control arm brackets, ...?

I've considered exactly what the forums say is easy. Donor axles from a 78/79 3/4 ton f250. I haven't purchased them yet because I want to find a shop first. I believe this axle donor choice shouldn't be to complicated. But I am a juvenile mechanically minded individual.

Just because it's the "easiest", doesn't make it outright easy. Any conversion is hard. You'll need a real 4x4 shop to do all that custom work.

I'm well aware that I'll need a "real" 4x4 shop. But my problem is locating one.