RIP TO MY 2.8L V6 STOCK 1986

I all,

since a long time now...I'm back with a bad news. My engin is dead. I found a Camaro EFI to remplace it. Someboddy said me they are stronger than the original in the pickup. Is it true ?

have fun jamminz.gif

• 2 weeks later...

This engine was on an automatic speed box on a camaro and my Comanche is in manuel speed box. My question is : is it possible tout instal it on my speed box without change anything or i need to modify some stuf a little beat ?

As long as its a rear wheel drive it will connect to your current trans. however, the fuel injection is a different story. The hot ticket is the 3.4L out of the camaro. or just do what i did and put a 350 chevy in your Heep. I have a advanced adapters ax-5 to 4.3L adapter if you're intersted (lots o-work, its just the adapter).

Do you know that Comanche is misspelled in your avatar?

I believe Commanche is the French spelling of the Spanish word to describe the Indians known to the English speaking Americans as Comanches. OK, I'll shut up now. :dunce:

MJRemi, why not.....LOLLLLLLLLL :cheers:

XJGPER, i don't want to use the fuel injection. I want to put the original carb from my hold stock engine.And for my gear speed box you are sure, i do not need to change or modify anything to put my new engine who was pluged with an automatic gear box on the camaro ?

Thanks' for your help I apreciate :thumbsup:

HEY GUYS,

By unmounting the old engine with classic carb there is a pompfuel instaled on it, but on the Firebird new engine who I want to instale, there was no petrol pump.

Which model of electrical pump should I need instale ?

I suppose I need one who give not to much gaz or not enought gaz. How can I resolve this step, please ? jamminz.gif :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Finally the Firebird 2 8 L V6 126000 km 1987 engine finally recovered. Everything is great with a few adjustments here and there.

Thanks to everyone for your help and advice were very helpful. jamminz.gif

The 2.8L V6 from a Firebird is stronger than the original AMC Jeep, because it's balanced inside, and the AMC engine was balanced outside with the crankweel, thats' why they was more fragil than the Firebird engine.