if my truck was made in 85, does that make it and 85 manche?

MancheKid86

No first official model year for the Comanche was 1986. I know what your saying, made in '85 is a 1985...

Kinda like there was no 1896 YJ.. just a 1995 continued and then a 1997 was the TJ.. Kinda stupid.

CW

It's gonna be extremely difficult to sell a car in January if you don't start working on it in December. Many vehicles, especially new models, are introduced as the next year model. I had a 1964 1/2 Mustang, and a 1968 240Z if you go by the date of manufacture.

Another good question is: How long have you been alive? Coz, I'll tell you right now, ya didn't get shot out of a void. Some cultures consider you a year old at birth.

Nope. Factories usually switch over models sometime in may. So an 86 comanche was most likely made from 5/85 to 5/86. That's part of the reason you'll see 2011 cars in the showroom in September. They are already building them.

Rob L.

Nope. Factories usually switch over models sometime in may. So an 86 comanche was most likely made from 5/85 to 5/86. That's part of the reason you'll see 2011 cars in the showroom in September. They are already building them.

Rob L.

yeahthat.gif

Except.......for the MJ, which first rolled off the line on 7/1/85, the same date as the "Coin" alot of us have :yes:

All the modern American auto manufactures change tooling over in May/June for the next year model, as Rob pointed out, to hit the show room floor in September.

'It's gonna be extremely difficult to sell a car in January if you don't start working on it in December. Many vehicles, especially new models, are introduced as the next year model. I had a 1964 1/2 Mustang, and a 1968 240Z if you go by the date of manufacture'

From what I've read, the Mustang was introduced in Mid year. So, 64-1/2 is correct on a Mustang. I did have a '96 Contour made in late '95. I remeber the TB gasket didn't match what the auto parts stores sold. I had to go to the dealer. I think Ford released the car in '94 in Europe. Then '95 in the US. Those had some differences in wiring and emmisions items.

Tom