Lifts

You need to either trim alot and do about 7" or go to about 8-9" lift. I have a bastard pack SOA rear and 7 3/4" front lift and alot of trimming to clear and fully stuff My BFG 35s. Your looking to be pretty high or cutting alot up front.

Cole

I don't really know what they were from. My dad had a huge pile of chevy leaves and some misc in the yard and i found some that matched up really well and gave me a tad of lift plus were thinner so they flex alittle better. I had to cut the ends off of them but they ride great i used the ones from up there to replace a few in the middle. Wish i knew what they were for so i could find some more thin ones to add for the other leaves i didnt change.

Cole

georgia huh? wherebouts?

my brothers XJ is running a RE 4.5 inch with BFG35's and cutttttt fenders and if he wheels the fender slices up the tire. so definately about 7" to clear and wheel 36's

pete's right... stock axles are NOT going to be happy with 36's and stock 35 SHOULD not run them period.

Leaf spring conversion 2 1/2 wrangler frt leafs SOA W/ FSJ 44s or a 44 frt and 20 rear and have at it Guy in my club is doing this to a XJ but putting 4" leafs and running 39.5 Iroks. http://www.jeepinwv.com/ and go to pics buildup on exo/fullsize/leafs you will see it all kind of pics just an idea and best part no death wobble.

OK OK..hold on lets back up a minute...I am somewhat clear as to how much lift i will need..My 87 has d30front 8.25 rear w/soa and 3"blocks and front is 8" skyjacker w/custom long arms..Yes the 36's rub on front but rear is clear by a mile..Gonna install ACOS on front to eliminate front rub and no fenders are cut..My question was more aimed at what brand as I have used rough country mostly..Just bought another MJ is reason in asking..May not go as big may just go w/ 33's or so but sure like 36's and they cost the same. :popcorn:

the 8.25 is out of a 92...not sure on the ujoints now that you mention it..I have to check tonight..I wouldnt mind gettin my hands on a pair of 8.8's though :brows: My plan is going to be swap to 8.8 do a soa buy a set of 8-9" springs and build my own long arm kit...Not a whole lot to a long arm kit if you got the tools ;)