Strange Occurance

I have an 88 jeep comanche, and when I hit the brakes I will lose power to the entire truck, and usually have to coast off the roadway to a stop to get it started again. occasionaly I an able to put it in Neutral and start it up as I coast down the road. I have replaced the Ignition switch mounted on top of the steering column several times. Thanks in advance for all you're help!!!

Could be a ground in the tailight circuit as well. My 89 had the same problem. Appartly the fuel pump and taillight share a ground

is it just the engine dying or does all power cut out? wasn't real specific.

cause if all the powers going then itd have to be a more serious grounding out, right?

Could be a ground in the tailight circuit as well. My 89 had the same problem. Appartly the fuel pump and taillight share a ground

When I took the box off of my truck and tried to drive it around the fuel pump never would work... They do share a ground and in order to get it to work you have to get a jumper from the main harness to the frame to ground it. The fuel pump ground is one of the larger two wires in the harness where it connects to the "tailight/box harness"... I think mine was black or brown

I'm not sure what you are saying about the fuel pump and grounding it to the frame, but when I hit the brakes I will lose power to the truck and it dies, no radio, no power, nothing. As I stated I have to coast to a stop to try and start it again. Sometimes I am able to put it in N while I'm coasting and restart the engin, and sometimes not. Sometimes it won't even start up until I move the shifter from P to 1 and back again. As I speak to you, the truck won't start in the P position only in N, even then somtimes I have to rock it back and forth to start it. It is an intermitting problem thats why I can't track it. The truck is in near perfect condition not a single tear in the uhpolstry or a single crack in the dash or door panels and the paint looks pretty good too. I did not really want to sell it because it is a great truck, I've put a Borla header with flowmaster muffler on it with dual exh. everybody ask me if I've got a V8 in it, It sounds awesome. but it will be for sale soon, just purchased an 05 Dodge Ram :headpop:

thanks