school me on lifts please

ok so now that i have for the most part worked out all the bugs in the motor its onto the lift. so here's a few questions will xj lift kits fit on a comanche? i have a 2x4 comanche and might have a donor jeep (xj) for transmission/transfercase/and front axle will these bolt in with minor adjustments? i saw on another post that a soa will get about 5-7" in the rear the potential lift from the xj is a 4.5" lift. can the xj leafs be run on my axle without soa? if i did soa and xj 4.5 leafs (if they will fit) what am i lookin at needin for the front? the lift has uppers/lowers trackbar shocks and 4.5 coils. school me please i need all the info i canget i wanna do this once and be done with it don't wanna play the inch game

The leaves do not care about SUA or SOA. There's no difference in that respect. SOA or SUA is entirely dependant on perch location on the axle.

The XJ leaves will not work because they're much shorter than MJ leaves.

All the front lift stuff, however, will bolt right onto your MJ.

sorry its a 87 mj 4.o 2x4 auto(don't know what sorry) and the xj is a 89 4.0 auto not sure again sorry i had a guy tell me the transfer case was a np231 on the xj if that helps. :dunno:

so thanks for the info on the leafs will have to shop around I'm thinkin any good companys to look at? does anyone make a 4link for the rear and would it be worth doing that? i also have some zj lifts coils for the front 4.5 lift they were free and was told they would actually help keep the lift if a bumper and winch were installed does this sound right? and is it safe to run those?

why not use your existing springs in the rear? with a SOA using 2wd leaves and an XJ 4.5" lift in the front the truck would probably sit pretty level

will the stock springs give enough flex? i think that would probably work good and my leafs look to be in surprisingly good shape the rear seems to ride higher than the front already. what does eveyone think about the tera flex revolver shackles?

revolver shackles are gimmicy and can be problematic if they unload under heavy braking. stock MJ leafs in an SOA setup do NOT need and assistance in the flex category. They are awesome. :thumbsup:

why not use your existing springs in the rear? with a SOA using 2wd leaves and an XJ 4.5" lift in the front the truck would probably sit pretty level

will the stock springs give enough flex? i think that would probably work good and my leafs look to be in surprisingly good shape the rear seems to ride higher than the front already. what does eveyone think about the tera flex revolver shackles?

here's mine SOA with stock 4X4 rear springs yours should flex about the same,i run out of shock before the springs finish flexing.

:drool: i like the look of that now to find me some long arms! hey maybe a stupid question but when i do the soa do i need to get new perches? shock mounts? or can they just be reused?

here's mine SOA with stock 4X4 rear springs yours should flex about the same,i run out of shock before the springs finish flexing

how much travel should the shocks have to get the full amount?

:drool: i like the look of that now to find me some long arms! hey maybe a stupid question but when i do the soa do i need to get new perches? shock mounts? or can they just be reused?
here's mine SOA with stock 4X4 rear springs yours should flex about the same,i run out of shock before the springs finish flexing

yes you need new perches,i suggest longer ones to help with spring wrap. you will also need to come up with new shock mounts. or you can go the lazy route and just buy a bolt on SOA they are like $110 and come with everything you need besides shocks,just bolt it in and go.

yes you need new perches,i suggest longer ones to help with spring wrap. you will also need to come up with new shock mounts. or you can go the lazy route and just buy a bolt on SOA they are like $110 and come with everything you need besides shocks,just bolt it in and go.

ya but if i go that direction the wife can't yell at me for burning myself with the welder and thats just not fun :rotfl2: