pulled back the carpet like Pete says

okay, swapping out my front e-cable and pulled the seat out with no problem... but... as i pulled back the carpet oh boy i was crying inside just a little, so anyways the floor is rusted out pretty badly, and as I'm looking through the rust holes i can see inside the frame that runs under the cab.. and i can see out the bottom.. so i climb under and its pretty bad too

so, I'm fixing the flooring with some sheet metal then going to put some rubber coating or tar or asphalt or something.. the flooring is drying but the frame is the part that worries me.. I'm thinking about making a brace to support it all something like a channel so that there is a piece across the bottom and one going up each side and bolt it all through.. any other thoughts? suggestions?

here's a few pics of the floor.. don't have any of the frame yet, ill get some tomorrow

That's not that bad. I've seen alot worst, like no sheet metal left at all.

Just amazing how far up the tranny hump the rust is on the passenger side :eek:

While your under there, check out the frame just in front of the front leaf perch, that's where most of the frames rot out the worst for some reason.

ya thats kinda where it is but mostly between where the rear of the door to the front of the door area on the frame.. kinda upsetting.... does anyone have any suggestions for frame repair ?

o and when i took those pics it was as i was pulling the carpet out.. after i pulled all the rotted metal out there are a few holes that are a few sizes bigger

same here. it's my flintstones mobile. :D

haha mine was close to that the first time it got fixed, but now its just a pain in the rear... but I'm going to get some sheet metal today to pacth her all up and line it with something so it won't continue to fast. But the frame guys any hope here's a few pics of it

i don't know if you can see it too well but: in order front to back

look along your entire frame.

that's not as bad as freakjeep's....and he tried, but failed, to fix it properly.

best bet is cut out all the bad with the front and back of the truck supported evenly, rust proof weld-through primer it, and weld a new plates on it, being careful to insure ZERO vertical welds.

well done patching all the floor in just got a sheet of steel and basically did the entire floor was a lot easier than i thought it would be then i covered all the edges with tar to make sure no exhaust comes through.

I'm just waiting for the flooring to dry then its all going back together

I tried roofing tar on the floor of my 88. never did dry. :( I eventually gave up on it and just reinstalled the carpet. Hopefully the stuff you used dries. :thumbsup:

ya its not really tar sorry its some asfault type stuff.. id tell you what the label says but quite frankly i got more on the can and on me than on the truck haha

Edit: its an asfault based compund recommended use for undercoating, found the receipt

its not really carpet its more like a rubber floor...

but ya i was thinking about the rhino or some sort of bed liner option but for the price it is up here, stupid :Canadaflag: prices for things.. ill deal with the rubber floor for now and pressure washing it doesnt sound like a bad idea but i think if i did that all i'd have left is 4 tires and a steering wheel haha ill just use the garden hose for now