Best method to clean upholstery.

Just curious, what you guys use to clean upholstery, particularly the seat covers. The seats in my MJ aren't horrible, but they could be cleaner. What have you guys found to work well? I don't have to worry about carpet as the PO put in a vinyl floor cover.

Thanks!

Matt

The best way to clean the seat covers is to run them through the wash. Seriously. Take them off the seat with care, pre-treat them with some stain fighter, and toss them in. Do not use fabric softener as it will stick around for a long time, some members even would go as far as to not use scented detergent.

Rob L.

I don't know what you plan to do about your headliner, but as our headliners are all a little touchy, I'd try your best to clean it dry. Use a brush or something, but if you have to use a cleaner, use a foaming one, and DAB the fabric, don't rub, and don't hose it on. It really doesn't take much to knock our headliners loose. Hell if it were my truck I probably wouldn't even touch the headliner, but mines in perfect shape :D

Thanks for the tips guys! As for the headliner, the PO replaced it recently so it still looks great. The seats aren't horribly dirty, but enough to bother me. Plus they're smelling a bit funky. :ack:

Matt

The best way to clean the seat covers is to run them through the wash. Seriously. Take them off the seat with care, pre-treat them with some stain fighter, and toss them in. Do not use fabric softener as it will stick around for a long time, some members even would go as far as to not use scented detergent.

Rob L.

I recently cleaned my bench upholstery in the wash with scented detergent and it has really lingered. Good thing it smells nice!

Thanks for the tips guys! As for the headliner, the PO replaced it recently so it still looks great. The seats aren't horribly dirty, but enough to bother me. Plus they're smelling a bit funky. :ack:

Matt

I just replaced my headliner and the smell of the glue was overwhelming. i tried febreez but it didnt work, so i got about 1/2 a cup of ground coffee and sprinkled it all over my jeep. it smells very good in there now and I'm getting ready to shop vac the coffee out and see what happens, but if you have a smell bothering you i reccomend coffee :rotfl2:

Rob L.

Yea, what he said. And don't use scented detergent. The smell never goes away. Also, don't use a front load washing machine. They will look new when you are finished.