Differences between 90 & 92 Comanches

I own a 1990 4.0L and I have just recently found out that my neighbour is selling his 1992 4.0L HO for $400 CAD. Now as most of you may know My box is shot, and I do not want to take the time to repair it, but I already have done alot of work on it. I also require a rear bumper. His truck is in incredible shape except for the frame under the box being cracked in 3 different locations, (I understand that the jeep is a unibody but the rear end is more frame like if anything). I was wondering if the mounting points are the same for the box on the 92 as they are on the 90.

Also like I said this truck is in amazing condition besides the frame aspect, so I was planning on just buying it, removing the box and the rear bumper and then parting it out or just selling it to a auto recycler. If I were to buy it would anyone want anything out of it before I give it to the auto recyclers. For a fee of course :roll: Also it has buckets and 5 speed maunal it is hard for me to get pictures of it as I don't have a digital camera and I only use disposible cameras (which is full now from going to see the avro arrow) Everything about the truck is currently stock that means Engine, tranny, axles (d35s I think) even tires, so expect everything to be in amazing condition. just let me know what you guys think and thanks for reading this Novel, and taking the time to reply.

Eugene

He would be in North Bay Ontario, or about 575 miles north of you. :D

If this truck is in good shape besides the rear frame area, you should be able to find someone who wants to build up a trail rig. Beds are overated anyway. :D

He would be in North Bay Ontario, or about 575 miles north of you. :D

If this truck is in good shape besides the rear frame area, you should be able to find someone who wants to build up a trail rig. Beds are overated anyway. :D

This is coming from the guy that has his bed so full on trips a 2 liter bottle can't fit :jump: :rotfl2: :teehee:

Just kidding with ya Pete but yeah it sounds like the perfect exuse to build a truggy.

Cole

Ok so I had sometime to crawl around and under the truck this is was I think is present in the truck.

Engine = 4.0L I6 MPI Power Tech HO

Transmission= Ax-15

T-case = NP 242

Axles (front) D30 27 spline

(Rear) D35 c-clip 27 spline

Gears= 3.07

Gas Tank= 18 gallons

If there is anything you are interested in me taking a look at (maybe cause you're interested in it) I'll go out and take a peak, also if it's something I'm not overly confortable in Identifying, please provide an explaination on how to Identify the item you're interested in.

Eugene

if anything pull the trans, that's an AX-15, and worth as much as he's asking for the truck if it's in good shape. Buy it, the only major difference to your truck is the ECU. Most everything else will work in yours. Body panels, the motor will work if you transfer your electronics to the long block, doors, everything but the wiring harness. I'd love to have a parts truck.

I'm more curious as to the cracking in the rear frame. If the truck is in such good shape, wouldn't it be better to have the frame welded and reinforced? I don't know production numbers, but 92's seem pretty rare to me.

that is what i would do since there were under 1k MJs made in 92 IIRC. if it is in that good a shape it would almost be worth it to fix the frame in the rear and have a nice 92.

Alex