86 MJ diesel

Well this made it back on CL. Seems he's dropped it a couple of thousand.

Rare find all original 1986 Jeep Comanche 4x4 with a 4cyl. 126 cu.in. Turbocharged, diesel getting 24/29 mpg. 144,513 mile, 5speed manual transmission, A/C, electric windows and locks, sliding rear window. Call 757 817 0366 ask for Pat no call after 9pm.

3n53m93l55T25P45Rba3hff3f0c68d6f318de.jpg3k53mf3p75Tb5Pe5Rca3hb036184cbdca1ecb.jpg

Here's the link: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/1648087711.html

Holy crap batman! $6000 for an '86 unrestored with 145k. It would seem unlikely but there's always someone out there. He's going to sit on this one for a while I think for that price. I know it's a deisel but they aren't the diesels of today.

In another note I would like to test drive it to get a real opinion. jamminz.gif

yeah but a diesel would be bad @$$ turn it up and roll coal and imangine the torque for muddin or climbing

Not out of that thing. I would just enjoy it as is. Last time I checked there was only one place to get the parts for the engine from in Ohio. And, on top of that, everything had to be shipped in from France. And all we were trying to get was an alternator. Ended up having to rebuild the stock one, and wait for the brushes from France. :ack: If I had it, it would be hermetically sealed, and only come out on 70+ degree days.

Did you know you have to remove a motor mount to replace the starter on that thing?

Rob L. :fs1:

yeah but a diesel would be bad @$$ turn it up and roll coal and imangine the torque for muddin or climbing

Not out of that thing. I would just enjoy it as is. Last time I checked there was only one place to get the parts for the engine from in Ohio. And, on top of that, everything had to be shipped in from France. And all we were trying to get was an alternator. Ended up having to rebuild the stock one, and wait for the brushes from France. :ack: If I had it, it would be hermetically sealed, and only come out on 70+ degree days.

Did you know you have to remove a motor mount to replace the starter on that thing?

Rob L. :fs1:

meh. ever changed the starter on a 4.6L car? :wall: