AX-15 conversion what all do i need

my peugout trans is ghey,junk and reverse is out of it

i found a ax-15 trans for 250.00 with 90k on it

the kid says my t-case will bolt up to it just fine and work.

what all is needed for a ax-15 conversion in my 1989 jeep comanche 4.0L

please reply because a local shop is installing this for 250.00 and I'm lazy and do not want to get into this project at this time.

i need a list of everything I'm going to need for this.

so far i can get the trans and throw out bearing and slave cyl

will my clutch and flywheel setup work?

please reply

thank you

My truck is an 89 and I just finished swapping a 2wd pukegoat tranny with a 4wd AX-15. Easy swap, no need to change clutch.

The AX-15 I put in was out of a 90 cherokee so pilot bearing was the same diameter. I went ahead and put a new slave cylinder in, but the old will work fine. If your donor tranny is 91 and up you'll have to change pilot bearings, I'm assuming that yours is external slave since you refer to the throwout bearing and slave.

As far as transfer case, check spline count to see if they match. Good Luck!!

My truck is an 89 and I just finished swapping a 2wd pukegoat tranny with a 4wd AX-15. Easy swap, no need to change clutch.

The AX-15 I put in was out of a 90 cherokee so pilot bearing was the same diameter. I went ahead and put a new slave cylinder in, but the old will work fine. If your donor tranny is 91 and up you'll have to change pilot bearings, I'm assuming that yours is external slave since you refer to the throwout bearing and slave.

As far as transfer case, check spline count to see if they match. Good Luck!!

my slave cyl is internal

and the ax-15 trans is from a 1995 wrangler

IIRC The '89 NP231 has a 21 spline input shaft. The 95 AX-15 has a 23 spline output shaft... the kid is wrong.

well thats awesome... DOES ANYONE ON HERE HAVE A TRANS THAT WILL WORK A PUKEGOAT OR A AX-15 EITHER OR I WILL BUY IT. I JUST WANT REVERSE I KEEP GETTING STUCK IN THE SNOW AND HAVING NO REVERSE SUCKS.

The transfer case is going to be tilted higher toward the body on the wrangler transmissiskn, and may require a hammer or drop kit to get the case to clear the body... This is a difference in the actual transmission, can't do anything about it. Hopefuly it works easy cause the ax15 I have to use is also from a YJ

The transfer case is going to be tilted higher toward the body on the wrangler transmissiskn, and may require a hammer or drop kit to get the case to clear the body... This is a difference in the actual transmission, can't do anything about it. Hopefuly it works easy cause the ax15 I have to use is also from a YJ

Somewheres long ago I read that the different clocking is only a myth... BUT I can't find the article to back up my words so just another stick into the fire of uncertainty.

I didn't see it listed so I'll just make sure you know you'll need the bellhousing. the Peugeot bellhousing will not work. Oh, and you'll need the AX-15 crossmember and trans mount from an MJ/XJ too. It's a pretty straightforward swap.

The 242 is a great t-case that allows fulltime 4wd, but you'll need the shift gate for inside the cab.