modded grill.....again

STERLING STINGER

You painted over the chrome? If I would have known you were going to do that, I could have traded you the grille and headlight bezels off of Baby, as I want to have her in chrome. I personally like the first paint job you had on it, with the white paint, it's different and stands out.

thats a diffrent grill from a ??????

it didnt fit well and i didnt like it that much

i thought it would grow on me but it didnt

That looks like an 8-slot grill from a '93-'95 ZJ.

Personally, I like the blacked-out look that you've done. That's what I have on mine (but I kept the strip of chrome at the top, to match the hood emblem and the gutter strips on the cab).

ya i thought of that....the hood emblem is going bye bye :waving: (along with every other emblem) when it gets painted

and there is no chrome anywhere else on my truck at all so i figured id try n match it

I really like it. The real reason I didn't go all black on mine was because I didn't trust myself to remove the pieces and get them reinstalled right, or to get a straight clean line if I tried to do it while on the truck :D. I only sprayed the pieces I could remove.

But after seeing yours, I'm tempted to go out and give it a shot.

ya i thought of that....the hood emblem is going bye bye :waving: (along with every other emblem) when it gets painted

and there is no chrome anywhere else on my truck at all so i figured id try n match it

I really like it. The real reason I didn't go all black on mine was because I didn't trust myself to remove the pieces and get them reinstalled right, or to get a straight clean line if I tried to do it while on the truck :D. I only sprayed the pieces I could remove.

But after seeing yours, I'm tempted to go out and give it a shot.

it was a phillips screwdriver

i left the 2 pieces of trim on the truck and just taped them off

they look like a pain in da ars and when i tried to take off the first screw it stripped.....and not in the good way

Looks good with the black !

If it gets chipped up , just re-spray it flat or matt black .

That way it always looks good , I did mine back in sept and its still held up .

A couple of rock chips though , so I'll re-spray something better it the spring . :thumbsup:

Looks good with the black !

If it gets chipped up , just re-spray it flat or matt black .

That way it always looks good , I did mine back in sept and its still held up .

A couple of rock chips though , so I'll re-spray something better it the spring . :thumbsup:

its taken my black over chrome grill 3 years to turn back to chrome in places (too lazy to re-spray it)