New people hauler

AMCJeepMJ

90 big butt Aerostar XLT AWD. 4.0 v6, 122k, no outstanding recalls, rear air, front air, power whatevers, rear headphone jacks for radio, and nasty gray cloth interior. Paint is shiny, obviously been garaged. Not a bad color combo, either.

Yes, I know, its a Blue Oval. :help: :nuts: Picked up on the 13th for 6 bills. We needed a people hauler since we're sick of taking 2 vehicles for 6 people on any significant trips. This behemoth hauls 7.

So that makes FIVE vehicles for two adults at the house. What were we thinking?!?!? Were we thinking at all? Now one car has to be in the street... sorry, MJ, you drew the short straw. :(

:fs1: you should be shot for not puting the MJ in the nice big garage. and leave the other thing were it should be Found On the Road Dead .........

:rotf: good find but you still have some way to catch up with me. five jeeps and only one adult here with no garage :ack:

:fs1: you should be shot for not puting the MJ in the nice big garage. and leave the other thing were it should be Found On the Road Dead .........

:rotf: good find but you still have some way to catch up with me. five jeeps and only one adult here with no garage :ack:

Sounds like I do indeed have some catching up to do. ;)

The Accord is in the garage since it has the highest risk of theft... and the other half is storage. The Aerostar would go in the road, but its hard to see through when backing out.

About 7 years ago I came across one of those that was unbelievably ragged on, the thing just looked beat in every sense of the word.

Turns out it had 600,000 miles on it. :eek:

I'm surprised it lasted that long. I thought they were to self-destruct at 150k... or is it 15k...

ack! those things are HIDEOUS ugh. 600 bucks, if it serves your purposes i guess it's good for you though. image_209027.gif

Indeed it will serve the purpose. Function over form with this one.

• 3 weeks later...

So, we decided the $#!&box Aerostar should go in the street. Its worth the least, and if its hit then oh well. MJ back in the driveway.

Discovered after a week or so the front driveshaft was disconnected. Why would anyone do that? We noticed the van would shift funny after warm and took a look underneath. Lo and Behold, no driveshaft. One trip to the salvage yard later, we had a driveshaft back in it. Now it drives just like a 20 year old minivan is supposed to... vibrations and squeaks and rattles and that old U-Haul truck feel.

Already put a 92+ grille on it, painted to match the metallic red, and the 1997-only red/clear tail lights. 2 new front seats out of a 97 are going in soon. New passenger one has a drawer under it. My Cherokee Limited mesh alloys are going on it when the studs come off in the next few weeks.

Image Not Found

• 3 weeks later...

The transmissions on those like to catch on fire. I have watched 3 burn to the ground on the side of the road. They were all owned by people I knew. One only had 60,000 miles on it. Just keep an eye out. :smart: