AMC-MJ's first pressure washing, scrub down, and polished .

Washed & Waxed Look see how she shines:

I found Plenty O'Rust and primer ?:

I'll do a more in depth photo session of the rot i discovered that the routine $10 auto wash was able to hide . . .

Mike

:doh: oh yea i know all the troubled spots for sure :hmm: I'm woundering whats holding the F'in cab together ? :dunno: ?

Hard to tell but the "YELLOWISH" stuff where the cab corner used to be ? is spray foam :fs1: the "YELLOWISH" stuff on the rocker panel is paint or primer :hmm:

:idea: i'm guessing primer as i have noticed it and little speckles all over the rest of the truck . . . The interior steal is all black unless they did an Awesome and complete color re-change job :hmm:

Mike

Hard to tell but the "YELLOWISH" stuff where the cab corner used to be ? is spray foam :fs1:

Mike

i know a coupple people who have put expanding foam in all the rust cracks and leaks to sell the vehicle,

not telling the new owner about what they did to get it that way xD

i hope they didnt do it to alot of other places,

nice looking truck,

i hope to see more on this :D

Well it isn't Like the truck was advertised for sale.

Its been parked at the farm in the weeds for like 7 years . . .

I offered $300 for it, they couldn't of had gotten the keys n title any faster !

I put a floor into it drove it 3 times and I too parked it in the weeds . . .

It sat a good while then my K2500's trans went on the blink then the starter smoked a few days later, so I dug it out the snow bank popped the hood engine was coated in snow I dropped in a fresh battery it fired right off drove it home did a tune up, brake job, tagged it, and tossed it on the road 2 months ago about 3 weeks after being on road i put a brand new Exhaust manifold to tail pipe exhaust system with turbo muffler no cat $240, then i noticed the start was dragging some so i replaced the starter with a new and 2 brand new 2GA cables . . . I guess you could say i "picked" it :rotf: :dunno: :thumbsup:

Trucks been great love it !

Mike

Frame seem's to be solid at this point but not sure for how long . . . :wall:

The F'in floor replacement kit was a whole floor you were to place it over old floor mark a line all the way around the new floor then remove it grind the paint away above and below the line then weld a bead right around the whole thing few inches at a time not warp it . . . all seemed well . . . :rotf:

i did as instructed then after welding it a sprayed it with 1 coat of Ox-o-rust baked it, shot another coat 12 hours later baked that one on then shot a third coat 24 hours later then let the truck sit another 3 day's then scuffed it with some 400 grit and had another coat shot on it, then i protect o wrap it . . . :ack:

I just noticed today it didn't fit correctly as there is a 1" gap between the old floor and the new floor top side all looks perfect from below you fit you hand between the 2 floor's :wall:

Which is allowing salt snow rain water ect to run straight into the un protected top side of the framing :fs1:

Now i have to i'm guessing rip it all out and build my own floor ?

or

Remove the "replacement" floor cut the old floor and weld some flat stock tot he top side of the frame to close it off ?

or

Maybe i can remove the new floor, remove the old floor and clean it all up and re-weld in the new floor right to the framing ?

The direction show, and the text clearly stated to lay this floor over the top of the old one :hmm: I kinda figured it was wishful thinking, i wonder how many of these MJ's have been repaired this way the new owners know nothing about it ?

Mike