Fixing rust in bed's fender

Pics needed . Most of the time you can cut it out and replace it , however if you get in good with one of your local

body shops . You can find new fenders cheap . I got a rear full bed panel for 65 .00 new .

No wasted time trying to straighten body lines , just cut and replace .

If you do use any filler type substance . Use short hair Fiber glass resin , not Bondo. :ack:

Yeah its allot harder to get off , but you won't see your paint cracking in two or three years .

Please email me the supplier for new bed side panels. Mine have big holes and rust. I have asked and searched all over and can not find any panels and was thinking of bending some sheet metal patches but if I can get a new panel or a patch panel that would save me time. It is a 7 foot bed. Thanks

Please email me the supplier for new bed side panels. Mine have big holes and rust. I have asked and searched all over and can not find any panels and was thinking of bending some sheet metal patches but if I can get a new panel or a patch panel that would save me time. It is a 7 foot bed. Thanks

Before you do that , check with your local body shops . They can usually find anything . :thumbsup:

If not I'll check my supplier lists to see if I can get anymore of them .

also another tip, if it doesnt bother you during your repairs cut out a slot inside the fender to eliminate the shelf that mud and crap collects on and this will also allow you to clean out the inner fender easyer. It won't be visable to the casual viewer either.

:agree: If I'm not mistaken CW did a nice job of this (removing the inner fender) and the work can be seen on his project thread. I plan on doing the same thing.

DJM/78 when you got time let me know who sells the panels no rush. I have asked at body shops here and they will not help you if you are not an accident claim in Ohio. I have called all over the NE Ohio area and the large Cleveland body shop suppliers and they all told me they can not get bed side panels. For $65 each I would get 2 left and 2 right and gladly pay shipping.