Jeep club on Oregon coast

mnkyboy

we were in my brothers 79 Bronco which broke an axle putting us out a little early so we didnt make it to the sand but we got to play in the mud up in the woods.

I didnt get much for pics but here's some that other people took

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

a couple guys had trail cams and posted videos

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =102506179

http://www.vimeo.com/8985062

Well come on down then :banana:

It would be a drive for you, its about 4hours for me and your another 1.5-2hrs from me.

I guess if you made the drive down there you could get some tube work done at my brothers since I'm having a hard time gettin the bender up here.

101 is a real nice drive but also a very long real nice drive :cheers:

I usually take I-5 down unless I'm stopping at my moms outside Newport then i run 101 the rest of the way down from there.

Yea, 101 used to be an easy drive but as busy as the coast has become it is bumper to bumper between Newport and Astoria.

What Beach? Out by the old Menasha plant in North Bend?

not sure were they ended up,we broke and took off early so we missed the sand.

101 is a real nice drive but also a very long real nice drive :cheers:

I usually take I-5 down unless I'm stopping at my moms outside Newport then i run 101 the rest of the way down from there.

Yea, 101 used to be an easy drive but as busy as the coast has become it is bumper to bumper between Newport and Astoria.

lucky for me I'm usually heading south from newport so traffics not so bad. it is a nice drive though one of these days i want to run 101 on my bike

I don't feel that way, and I drive it all the time, including today.

Kewl! Guess things have changed! 10 years ago it was a nightmare! But, 40 years ago it was a breeze!

I don't feel that way, and I drive it all the time, including today.

Kewl! Guess things have changed! 10 years ago it was a nightmare! But, 40 years ago it was a breeze!

I guess it's all a personal opinion.

I've spent a month in Astoria/Seaside each year for the past few summers and the traffic crawled between those two cities. It seemed to me that the traffic thins out the further south you go. I doubt it has gotten any better over the years (from what you remember), especially with the population growth the northern part of the beach has experienced.

I've spent a month in Astoria/Seaside each year for the past few summers and the traffic crawled between those two cities. It seemed to me that the traffic thins out the further south you go. I doubt it has gotten any better over the years (from what you remember), especially with the population growth the northern part of the beach has experienced.

Yep, that's the worst area, and yea, thins out as you head south. Recent report said Oregon is the #2 State for people moving to. Gonna get worse! :mad: The article did say Oregon adding new taxes may slow it down some. :ack:

Back in the 1960's someone put a sign on the border between Oregon and California that basically said Thanks For Visiting But Don't Stay! If I remember correctly (loooooonnnngggg time ago now), back then Oregon had a place you had to go thru coming up from California. Wanted to check the fruits and veggies for bugs mostly, I think.

• 6 months later...