Has anyone used this air filter ?

Anybody ever thought of bottled oxygen??? inject it?

Hmmmm...I'm no physicist or chemist, but I'm thinking O2 injection into a combustible confined space = KABOOM, lol! 'Course all things in moderation, but maybe at a low enough rate, with a fitting under the TB might work, kinda like NOS?

For the 91+ HO 4.0 engines there was only one factory CPS.

bummer :dunno:

Not really, it's not needed. The HO ECU is fully capable of refining the A/F ratio at altitude, unlike the limited Renix system computer that is wholly external sensor dependent. :D

You couldn't get a big enough oxy bottle to really do any good. I prefer turbo charging. Don't go wild on the boost. Just enough to maintain sea level pressure.

I like the idea of a turbo charger , I have used them in the past , but I don't like what turbo's do to your intake and exhaust valves .

Maybe one day I'll try that Avenger supercharger . Its bolt on and intercooled . As a matter of fact , Avenger 4x4 made the supercharger

just for jeeps and holds a copyright on the design .

For the 91+ HO 4.0 engines there was only one factory CPS.

bummer :dunno:

Not really, it's not needed. The HO ECU is fully capable of refining the A/F ratio at altitude, unlike the limited Renix system computer that is wholly external sensor dependent. :D

Thanks guys , I'll try that first !!

Yeah, like NOS. but I never thought of forced injection, good idea too, I am going to investigate Avenger 4x4.

Just checked Avenger's website. Their intercooled supercharger kit for the 2.5L adds 58hp, and costs $4k! So that's roughly $70 per hp. I'm thinking it would be a LOT cheaper to just drop in a built 4.0, or depending on the cost of a donor vehicle, to drop in a small V8 (318 or 302). You'd end up spending a lot less money per hp going that route.

But at least there's an aftermarket company that builds these things specifically for Jeeps...

Yeah, like NOS. but I never thought of forced injection, good idea too, I am going to investigate Avenger 4x4.

Just checked Avenger's website. Their intercooled supercharger kit for the 2.5L adds 58hp, and costs $4k! So that's roughly $70 per hp. I'm thinking it would be a LOT cheaper to just drop in a built 4.0, or depending on the cost of a donor vehicle, to drop in a small V8 (318 or 302). You'd end up spending a lot less money per hp going that route.

But at least there's an aftermarket company that builds these things specifically for Jeeps...

Sorry guys !! Maybe I'm just dreaming . :drool:

Thats one of the baddest kits I've ever found . I agree about the price though , they do get cheaper when they offer

discounts . Though its not very often.

Keep in mind though , that 58hp is adjustable . I.E boost controller , smaller pulley wheels , and the kit for the 4.0 HO

puts out even more power . My dream is a Hesco stroker 4.0 and an Avenger Supercharger . Just sounds good in my

ears. :yes:

My dream is a Hesco stroker 4.0 and an Avenger Supercharger . Just sounds good in my ears. :yes:

Keep dreaming mate, and I hope your dreams come true. :cheers: I'm glad I got my Hesco engine before the prices went through the roof, but their basic stroker is very adaptable and responds well to bolt-on options (intake, headers, manifolds, chips, AW4 mods, etc.) that are a far more economical way to gain more HP/Torque than the Avenger. I'm happy w. what I have, but I sure wouldn't turn down that blower if it fell in my lap somehow. :D