Rear shocks

Great thread!

I replaced my shocks (Original OEMs! :eek: ) recently. I went with the cheapest Monroe they make to get me by before the lift. Heh, they are a couple steps below Sensatrac. They were like $10 each and painted all white.

Gotta say they ride pretty nice, but that's comparing them to 21 year old blown out stock ones... :yes:

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the info, after checking out reviews and prices the Bilstein and OME look very evenly matched on everything so I think I am going with the Bilstein 5100's since they are a bit cheaper and I like the looks of them better.

I will get a set of F4BE56248H5 for the rear which have an extended length of 25.930" and a collapsed length 15.910" and a set of BE56241H8 for the front that are for XJ front with 4" lift.

I have trying to find these shocks and all the parts stores say these part numbers don't exist? :nuts:

Are these special order numbers to build to specifications?

Do you know what trucks these part numbers are for?

I am trying to cross reference these numbers to see what other shocks can fit.

Example: If the rear shocks are just plain old F150 shocks it would be easier to call and get a quote on them. No one besides Rancho lists a shock for the Comanche with a 3" lift.

I called ARB and they said they don't list anything for a 3" lift. If anyone can tell me what these numbers cross to say a monroe number it would be easier to find.

Thanks all!

So has anyone use some Monroe sensa-trac or Reflex shocks on a 3 inch lift? I just want to open the door to see if a shock for a different application would work.

I know the K5 blazer shocks work for the rear but how about the front? Has anyone found a shock this? Quadratec says the application is for a Cherokee with a 4" lift. It would seem crazy to make a shock for this truck only, it would seem it would work for another truck with similar dimentions.

My front end is measured at 20.5" from mount to mount so they are not far from stock I don't think. The back measures 26.5" from stud to stud.

Am I missing something,

or is Edelbrock no longer selling their shocks directly from their website?

I ordered some of them last year, but can't find the link to buy them online (through Edelbrock) anymore. :???:

(I know they're liquidating, but there was still plenty of 'scraps' left the last time I was there).

Edit:

found it: http://store.edelbrock.com/4wheeldriveapplications.aspx

Am I missing something,

or is Edelbrock no longer selling their shocks directly from their website?

I ordered some of them last year, but can't find the link to buy them online (through Edelbrock) anymore. :???:

(I know they're liquidating, but there was still plenty of 'scraps' left the last time I was there).

Edit:

found it: http://store.edelbrock.com/4wheeldriveapplications.aspx

I was gonna post the same thing last night LOL, fell asleep with the Edelbrock spec sheet on my screen.

Knever, a lot of guys bought these shocks when they went on sale and have been very happy with them. If you want to consider these, look over the spec sheet and find the model # of the various units that fit the length you need. Best thing to do then is to call Edelbrock and see which ones they have in stock, because as Jim pointed out they have eliminated a lot of the models available. If they have a particular model in stock, make sure to ask what it's intended application was. The reason they had so many different models was that they were, according to Edelbrock, valved accordingly to each vehicle, or at least certain groups of vehicles, i.e. full size trucks vs. mid-size trucks. Point being, you might find a model # with the right lengths but it may have been intended for an F250 or something and produce a pretty harsh ride for you. Because they don't have MJ specific spec'd shocks, for my rears I got the Toyota T100 4wd models. I checked the weight of a T100 and it was real close to an MJ so that's what I went with.

Jim, fyi, I opened the PDF on the 2010 catalog and they still sell the shocks, but it's a much more limited application. I think before they were trying to have a model for anything and everything and now they've cut it back to what was selling the most and the mainstream vehicles. I still have not installed my fronts (same model as XJ 3" lift models) but the rears have been great.

Here's the spec sheet link, again, many of these models have been discontinued so you'll need to call.

http://edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mis ... l_2008.pdf