1989-1998 Comanche Limited

Well it has been a while since I was able to work on this, but now I have the time. My goal is to have it drving by Jan 1st (2011?)

I wanted a rear axle that was a bit Stonger than the D35. Since I was going to have redo Spring mounts anyways I might as well upgrade th axle.

Spent yesterday at the Pick & Pull Wrecking yard and Brought home a nice 98 Ford 8.8 with disc brake and 3.55 gears and ABS for ~$100. they had a 50% off sale :jump:

I will need to work out some sort of conversion Circuit to get the correct number of pulses from the ABS sensor on the axle to the ABS on the jeep.

My camera is Broken I hope to get it fixed and I will post some pics.

why do you want to keep ABS? why not just delete it and forget it?

-Pat

I want the ABS to work because it has it. I can't stand to have disconected non working features. Also since this is a DD and not going to be Wheeled It needs to have good road manners and the ABS is nice to have since we get alot of Black Ice and slippery frosen stuf here.

-Pat

I want the ABS to work because it has it. I can't stand to have disconected non working features. Also since this is a DD and not going to be Wheeled It needs to have good road manners and the ABS is nice to have since we get alot of Black Ice and slippery frosen stuf here.

I suppose. ABS has done nothing but screw me over...I don't like having it, but then again, I prefer full function rear brakes, too (no proportioning).

-Pat

I suppose. ABS has done nothing but screw me over...I don't like having it, but then again, I prefer full function rear brakes, too (no proportioning).

I used to think that way also.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone has done a Ford 8.8 swap and kept their ABS. I can't remeber whick forum. I'd do a Google search.

Tom

Edit, I think it was on MallCrawler. I think I have it printed out at home. If you don't find it, I'll see what I have. From what I remeber it was cutting out every other tooth in the ring sensor, and they there was some wiring involved.

• 5 months later...

it has been a while since I have done much on my MJ but I got to work on it this week end.

I am repalcing the door hinges that are very worn with some I took off of a newer XJ

I got one of the hinges done and 3 more to go.

i used a ratchet strap to hole the door up in place

• 8 months later...