87 Comanche Pioneer "Little Chief"

This is my project. I bought this for $800. I am the second owner of this now. I bought it from my father-in-law. I am the third person to ever wrench on this thing! This has and in always serviced every 3,000 miles. It is at 231,000 and still runs good!

So far there is exaust on it(flowmaster), rims, tires, buckets from a comanche chief, 2.5" lift to handle the 31" tires, and a few new parts here and there. Nothing major yet! To come is a lift(as soon as I can find a good one), paint, headliner, and just a freshening up of the old stuff. There is not much wrong with this thing so I just want to get the old stuff replaced first and then get into bumpers and some modifying without changing the look of the truck too much. Have any ideas or wisdom let me know. Your input is always welcome. I like to hear from the pros! Thanks for looking! Oh, I forgot to mention that the brush guard and roll bar along with some other small stuff is from the dealer! Pretty cool I think!

Hey now! My wife bought that for me! LOL You should have seen what was on there! It was one of those old crystal door handles that you would find in a victorian house! I will get to that later. I do have to say if you have big hands like me it is very comfy. :thumbsup:

When my father in law owned it he had painted it. I haven't decided if I am going to repaint it or just remove it. I am going to send all the chrome out to have it redone. There are is some surface rust on the chrome. I like that all that stuff came as a package from the dealer! I am going to keep it on there. It's different. I haven't seen any like that, atleast around where I live. Thanks for looking! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This one along with the roll bar came from the dealership that way. It was a package that they put on it. It has all the chrome markings as well. You could probably find a bar like this at any after market 4 Wheel Drive parts place. You would probably have to get it chromed though. Good luck and let me know if you find anything. I will keep an eye out for anything.