Oil burning

So I got my oil change like 3-4 weeks ago and i am at the add line already. So i bought some oil to add. There are no puddles of oil left on ground or anything

i thought about doing a dye test to see if it is leaking or where??

or

Is there something else i should/could do?

Built in rust proofing :D

Also check your air filter. If you have bad blow by, it will be oil soaked. A plugged up PCV orifice will make it worse and is quite common. Valve cover leak near the fire wall is also quite common and can look like a rear main seal leak.

If you were at the add mark, it would have needed 1 quart. 1 quart over 1000 miles is not too bad. 2.5 is.

Built in rust proofing :D

Also check your air filter. If you have bad blow by, it will be oil soaked. A plugged up PCV orifice will make it worse and is quite common. Valve cover leak near the fire wall is also quite common and can look like a rear main seal leak.

If you were at the add mark, it would have needed 1 quart. 1 quart over 1000 miles is not too bad. 2.5 is.

I have an intake but no oil all over it

I was below add mark

Also check your air filter. If you have bad blow by, it will be oil soaked. A plugged up PCV orifice will make it worse and is quite common.

I mentioned that to him in chat, and he's got a cone filter. I don't think a cone filter would show blowby.

There are only so many places for your oil to go. With no (obvious) signs of leaking & no smoke i would check the antifreeze. Is the color normal bright green, or does it have a black film on top? Are you "making" fluid without adding any? This is a common occurrence on engines with aluminum head & cast iron blocks, i would think it wouldn't happen much on our 4.0's since head & block are both cast iron, but stranger things have happened. :dunno:

BTW,

Most conditions other than a leak will cause smoke, so make sure you check that thing very good before jumping to conclusions.