My 89 MJ

Hi, I've been on here for a little while, but I haven't taken the time to properly introduce myself. My name is Kelly, I'm a guy (guy Kellys are far and few between) I figured I'd get that out of the way. I'm a car nut, been so for the last 8 or so years, my older brother Alex's first car was a 97 Wrangler, which is what got me into jeeps. My first car was and is a 72 mustang, which I'm currently restoring, my second vehicle was a 92 Dakota 4x4, which thankfully I sold.

A little over two months ago, I had just gotten a buyer lined up for the dodge, and had a decision. There was an 89 YJ for sale that needed a motor rebuild, or the 89 Comanche for $1200. Well I obviously took the comanche and havent looked back.

Here's my new pickumup

Its an 89 Pioneer, SWB, now 4x4 (PO converted it), now AX-15. Its got the 16 inch wheels from either a ZJ or a WJ on it. I got a set of 245 75 16 ATs for free a week ago with good tread, they don't rub... barely.

PO Built the tube bumper (gonna be repainted)

My temporary solution to keeping the back of the bed from rusting further

The old shackles had about rusted through, so I replaced them with these adjustable lift shackles from rough country, a very good product

Ew, dana 35!

Interior pics

The rust :wall:

Rockers

Rear Fenders (With what appears to be aluminum foil covering the carnage)

Drivers Floor :fs1:

Anyway this is my new ride, both a DD and a project. Tell me what you think

Yeah, I can't say too much on the headliner, I didn't install it. Its actually held onto the headliner panel with a series of carefully spaced tacks. It looks good that way, one of the things I never plan on changing on the truck