Ironman Suspension Products

Need to know if Ironman Suspension parts are any good. Lookin to buy one of their adjustable track bars and a set of their adjustable upper and lower control arms all designed for up to an 8 inch lift. (I have 6")

I don't do hard core offroading or rock crawling. Just an occasional "crawl" through the woods down muddy and somewhat rutted roads. Nothing a stock 4x4 couldnt do.

Maybe yall can help me even more. I don't know all tha best places to buy suspension parts or who has tha biggest bang for the buck. I'm lookin for low budget parts that can handle very moderate offroading. My truck see's more pavement than it does dirt/mud.

These "Ironman" parts look and sound like they'd work fine for my application. Not to mention from what I've seen so far, their prices arent bad either.

http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/XJ_Inventory.html

Thanks in advance for whatever advice yall can offer me.

Robert

Oh, I'm also lookin for some 6 inch front springs. I'm considering a pair of Rough Country's for $140 bucks unless yall advise me otherwise.

There was a looooong post on NAXJA about him. From what I got out of it..

He was a wheeler on a budget who could fab. He started making stuff for his buddies and to sale on EBay. His little business grew and now he has a website to move a few more parts. I have heard no complaints about his products. But, his shipping could take awhile. I guess he makes the stuff on a as ordered basis.

I would use his stuff if I needed it. For front springs for you MJ. Call Rockkrawler. I use and love their coils. They are some of the best that I have used. I tried RE, RC, and BDS before I went with RK's. Their springs are the best IMHO.

I run their upper control arms on my truck with about 9"s of lift and i love them. They do take a couple weeks to get to you just beacuse he does make them once you order them. But i had actualy folded my origional upper control arms and i have not had any proablems with the new ones. I actualy got a little bit more flew with these jamminz.gif

Thanks guys. I appreciate yall sharing your knowledge and experience. Sounds like Ironman is making some durable parts at a reasonable price. I hope to find and order some springs in tha next couple of weeks with Ironman's track bar and control arms to follow.

I've been told that Rough Country spings actually give you more lift than they say. In other words their 4.5" springs actually give you closer to 5.5" of lift and 6.5" springs give you over 7". Can anybody varify this?

Thanks again.

Robert

Do you specify motor when you buy your left kits? A 6.5" coil will lift a 2.5 more than a 4.0.

I assume this was directed to me. Good point, Correy. No, Rough Country only has one 3", 4.5" and 6.5" coil listed for our trucks. I guess i will have to get out the tape measure again. I should have said, I went from a 3 inch lift to a 4.5 inch lift and gained 1.5 inches on the front over the 3 inch lift. I assumed that the 3" lift gave me 3" of lift, but you know what happens when you @$$-u-me. :oops:

-Tom

OK, so if I get 4.5" springs, I'm also gonna need some 1'-1 1/2" spacers to get a 6" lift. I've heard pro's and con's about using spacers. I know its a poor mans way to lift your suspention and by no means tha best way but is it an exceptable means to level your truck if done in moderation?

Or ...... I get the 6.5" and either cut um down to 6" or lift tha rear another 1/2" to level it out. Damn, if I go any higher, I'm gonna need a damn step ladder to get in it. LOL!!!

Thinkin I'd rather drop tha rear a little and go with tha 4.5" springs and no spacers. How can I drop tha rear 1"-1 1/2"? Are there any rear shackles available that are shorter than stock? I assume tha ones I have are stock. They measure 3 3/4" from eye to eye.

Thanks again everybody.

Robert