new to comanches, not to jeeps

brak

hey all. introducing myself to the board.

new MJ owner as of today. 89 Comanche, 4.0/auto

wondering if anyone can tell by these pics what trim level this truck is? I'm assuming base with the longer bed.

also, it looks to me like it's got a little lift on it. maybe 2 inches, can anyone confirm? thanks all!

comanche140.jpg

comanche141.jpg

comanche142.jpg

Welcome to our corner of the institution. I'm sure you know that your truck has been repainted, so we can't really tell what trim package you have without more details; even then it's more than likely just a guessing game, as Jeep was known to mix and match, as well as have many custom ordered oddballs. As for lift, if it's a 4wd, it looks stock, if 2wd, it may have a small lift in it. Looks like a solid base to start with though. :cheers:

it's 4x4. so i guess its just stock height, the old rancho shocks on it were throwing me off. i know it's got the cluster with the giant fuel gauge instead of a tachometer, it's got A/C, bench seat.

besides a dirty interior and the normal rust/rot under the doors, it's pretty decent. there's not much rust under the bed at all. one bad spot is the upper drivers door hinge rotted off. any write-ups for a fix? i'm assuming welding is necessary.

Welcome :wavey: those are quite some fender flares, i like them :D do you like that over hang thingy with the cab lights? ( i don't know the proper name :oops: )

i call it a hat. haha. it's ok so far.

ill post my door question on the tech board. thanks all.

*edit*

i actually searched and found a way to fix the door hinge! woo!

Welcome to da club. Beer is in the fridge, sit anywhere you'd like except the tan couch, that's Chico's spot (if he ever comes back :dunno: ).

Most of the guys here don't like BushWhacker flairs, but did you know you could slap some 33s on there with those and no lift?

Welcome to da club. Beer is in the fridge, sit anywhere you'd like except the tan couch, that's Chico's spot (if he ever comes back :dunno: ).

Most of the guys here don't like BushWhacker flairs, but did you know you could slap some 33s on there with those and no lift?

i do not have the stock flairs, so until i may have to leave those on for now. i figured i need some lift for 33's, i do not want them to rub. the tires on it now are luckily in decent shape. i'm just keeping it drive-able for the winter. then i'll start working on it more once it gets warm again.

i do not have the stock flairs, so until i may have to leave those on for now. i figured i need some lift for 33's, i do not want them to rub. the tires on it now are luckily in decent shape. i'm just keeping it drive-able for the winter. then i'll start working on it more once it gets warm again.

with the right tire and wheel combo, i like the bushwhackers. most guys don't like them because of creating rust issues or getting broken when wheeling. but if YOU like 'em, keep 'em..... :thumbsup: