Factory Cargo Light

Well I was at the local jy today and found an 86 mj. Having never seen an MJ at this junkyard i proceded to strip things like the the tailgate (amazing condition) B pillar mouldings, tail light lenses (PM me if youre looking for any of these) when I noticed this truck had a cargo light. Well I now have it in my possession but I was wanting to double check that this was the factory piece. Could someone post a pic of one for me to compare?

By the way this was at the Pick & Pull off of 435 in KCMO. It was a silver 86 with the 2.8 TF, 2wd. The front end was wrecked so the motor is most likely good. Also had a reciever hitch but was not a metric ton MJ, trust me, I checked.

Thanks

Alright well I will go back and pull it, right now on my truck theres sort of a reciever hitch welded to the 4 inch square tube that is my rear bumper (built by PO). Just looking at these welds I'd feel way safer with something tied into the frame. Worst case scenario I just sell it to someone with a LWB MJ, I just glanced at it, seemed beefy enough, and tied into that X shaped crossmember on the frame

Thats fine... What I am going to do, as well as other have, since its so hard to find the fog light AND cargo light in one panel, just get the housing, peel off the faces, and cut them down the middle... Then you can turn a fog light only, and cargo light only bezel into a cargo AND fog light panel, with only a small seam down the middle, where the two sides meet...

This is an ultra rare "both", but you get the point...

Rob L.

No prob man... Just scored a cargo light myself from JeepcoMJ, so I will be doing the same thing! That black part with the symbols just peels right off. Thats really all you need. You can use a switch from any ol' XJ/MJ... Just peel it off and go!

:thumbsup:

Rob L.

Thats fine... What I am going to do, as well as other have, since its so hard to find the fog light AND cargo light in one panel, just get the housing, peel off the faces, and cut them down the middle... Then you can turn a fog light only, and cargo light only bezel into a cargo AND fog light panel, with only a small seam down the middle, where the two sides meet...

This is an ultra rare "both", but you get the point...

Rob L.

That would be my ultra rare switch bezel. :D

Believe me I was thrilled to find that. :clapping: Especially seeing how the truck had neither option installed. That's why it has the blanks instead of the switches.

:cheers: