chapest way to lift

Grand cherokee V-8 coils (same as cherokee country coils) make about 1 inch of lift in the front of an MJ, and chevy drop shackles can also net a small lift, about 1 inch. You can fit 31" tires stock with some trimming though.

Rob L.

i no this has been asked a hundred times but i tried searching but i didnt find anything i want to find out the cheapest way 2 get 3 inches of lift so i can fit 31's :popcorn:

You don't need lift to run 31s. I am running 31x10.50s on a stock XJ right now, and the XJ has smaller rear wheel wells than the MJ. So, to answer your question, the cheapest way to get enough lift for 31s is to not lift.

NO trimming is necessary if you run OEM Jeep wheels.

i no this has been asked a hundred times but i tried searching but i didnt find anything i want to find out the cheapest way 2 get 3 inches of lift so i can fit 31's :popcorn:

You don't need lift to run 31s. I am running 31x10.50s on a stock XJ right now, and the XJ has smaller rear wheel wells than the MJ. So, to answer your question, the cheapest way to get enough lift for 31s is to not lift.

NO trimming is necessary if you run OEM Jeep wheels.

it actually has 30's on it now but i want more ground clearnce my friend runs 33;s on his xj with no lift and alot of trimming and they don't rub at all but do yall think this would work http://www.jcwhitney.com/Suspension_Lif ... ;2005817;0

For lift kits, stick to the "brand name" manufacturers. The JCWhitney looks to have lumped MJ's in with XJ's... We have a spring under rear suspension, so lift block, installed in the correct way, are actually lowering blocks on a comanche. You want to look for a cheap set of coils, and possibly an add a leaf. Hell creek suspensions, a member here, manufacture a full-true add a leaf that works with our trucks, and would be the way to do.

http://www.hellcreeksuspensions.com

Rob L. :thumbsup:

it actually has 30's on it now but i want more ground clearnce my friend runs 33;s on his xj with no lift and alot of trimming and they don't rub at all but do yall think this would work http://www.jcwhitney.com/Suspension_Lif ... ;2005817;0

As noted, V8 Grand Cherokee front coils will give you about an inch. Add a set of 3/4" coil spacers and you're at 1-3/4". For the rear, Rancho has a full-length AAL for the XJ and MJ. It's good for 2-1/2" in the XJ and about 1-1/2" in the MJ, so that's a good match for the 1-3/4" in the front.

An alternative is a set of 2" coil spacers in front and an AAL in the back. Other folks favor longer shackles for the rear. I don't, because longer shackles do not add any strength to the spring, but they work the spring more which leads to fatigue. A full-length AAL strengthens the spring and for that reason I think it's a much better solution.

It would have helped if you had explained your goals in your original post. All you said was you wanted the cheapest way to run 31s, and the answer to that is still to do nothing.

As noted, V8 Grand Cherokee front coils will give you about an inch. Add a set of 3/4" coil spacers and you're at 1-3/4". For the rear, Rancho has a full-length AAL for the XJ and MJ. It's good for 2-1/2" in the XJ and about 1-1/2" in the MJ, so that's a good match for the 1-3/4" in the front.

An alternative is a set of 2" coil spacers in front and an AAL in the back. Other folks favor longer shackles for the rear. I don't, because longer shackles do not add any strength to the spring, but they work the spring more which leads to fatigue. A full-length AAL strengthens the spring and for that reason I think it's a much better solution.

It would have helped if you had explained your goals in your original post. All you said was you wanted the cheapest way to run 31s, and the answer to that is still to do nothing.

do u know were i could get 2 inch coil spacers and a aal from

Any quality lift company should have what you need. I use RubiconExpress.com A list you could use to search for manufacturers of quality components:

Rough counrty

Rancho

BDS suspension

Rubicon Express

Rustys

Pro-comp

Trailmaster

Black diammond

Rob L.

Any quality lift company should have what you need. I use RubiconExpress.com A list you could use to search for manufacturers of quality components:

Rough counrty

Rancho

BDS suspension

Rubicon Express

Rustys

Pro-comp

Trailmaster

Black diammond

Rob L.

thank you

which should i get this 1 http://www.blackdiamondoffroad.com/lift ... ?liftid=10 i think i want the 1 from rustys offroad because it gives you a full 3inch and the 1 from black diamond only gives u 2 inch

No, you do NOT want the one from Rusty's. Read some of the old posts/threads about Rusty's products.

I think you need to clarify your intentions. You started out asking for the cheapest way to run 31" tires. The answer to that is -- no lift necessary. Then you said you wanted more ground clearance, but you left the criterion of lowest cost unchanged. You were given several options that would get you around 2" of lift for under $150, possibly closer to $100. Now you're asking about lift kits that cost more than $300 -- before shipping.

What do you want to accomplish? What is your budget? Right now you have us shooting at a moving target. Every time we answer a question you change the parameters.

BTW - This is a forum, not a cell phone. It's rude to use texting abbreviations in a discussion forum. It's more difficult for us to read, and when people are in a hurry they tend to skip over the posts that are difficult to figure out.

Try English. It has worked for several centuries (or so I've been told).

which should i get this 1 http://www.blackdiamondoffroad.com/lift ... ?liftid=10 i think i want the 1 from rustys offroad because it gives you a full 3inch and the 1 from black diamond only gives u 2 inch

No, you do NOT want the one from Rusty's. Read some of the old posts/threads about Rusty's products.

I think you need to clarify your intentions. You started out asking for the cheapest way to run 31" tires. The answer to that is -- no lift necessary. Then you said you wanted more ground clearance, but you left the criterion of lowest cost unchanged. You were given several options that would get you around 2" of lift for under $150, possibly closer to $100. Now you're asking about lift kits that cost more than $300 -- before shipping.

What do you want to accomplish? What is your budget? Right now you have us shooting at a moving target. Every time we answer a question you change the parameters.

BTW - This is a forum, not a cell phone. It's rude to use texting abbreviations in a discussion forum. It's more difficult for us to read, and when people are in a hurry they tend to skip over the posts that are difficult to figure out.

Try English. It has worked for several centuries (or so I've been told).

sorry i want something under 200 but i can't seem to find anything the only ones ive seen have been around 300

sorry i want something under 200 but i can't seem to find anything the only ones ive seen have been around 300

Then I say just wait a little longer till you got the extra $$$ needed to get a "good" lift; You will be much happier in the long run. Just do it right the first time, otherwise you will be spending double time and money to re-do it later...done this to myself way too many times. Just my 2 cents. :thumbsup:

-James

:agree: A lift kit or suspension components are not things to cheap out on. Afterall, you are riding on top of these things. For what your looking for, this is what I would do:

Cherokee Country/ V-8 ZJ coils ($15 ea, by me from a yard)

Chevy drop Shackles off ebay ($100 set, ebay)

This will get you an inch to 2" real easy, and for under $200. But before you buy a "cheap" lift, save, spend some decent money, and thank yourself later. What I listed like Eagle said, with the shackles, will put a little more work on the rear springs, but IF you HAVE TO get it done quick, and on the cheap, that'd be the way I would go. Another way to go is this:

Cherokee Country/ V-8 ZJ coils ($15 ea, by me from a yard)

Metric Ton Comanche Leafs. ($25 ea, by me from a yard)

This would be better, as you get a stronger rear spring set, and a lift at the same time. And, although hard to find, metric ton MJ springs are out there, and will be a direct bolt in.

Will this be used off road? and how often?

Rob L.

But what are you trying to accomplish? You started out just saying you wanted to run 31" tires. Now suddenly you want a 3"-plus lift for under $200.

What will you be using this truck for? As has been noted, the cost of a lift increases exponentially with the height. A 2" budget boost is not that expensive and gets you a very capable vehicle. Once you go to 3 inches and beyond, you get into high dollar territory where you start needing adjustable upper and lower control arms, longer brake hoses, adjustable track bar, maybe drop brackets, different shock absorbers, ...

You can run 31s on OEM rims with no lift. Buy your tires, mount 'em up, and save your lunch money while you determine how much lift you *NEED* and what the best kit is for that height. The rule of thumb is always to run as LITTLE lift as you need for where you're going. Forget the 16 inch lift so the truck looks cool parked on the grass islands at the mall. That's for wannabees. As a world-famous designer once said (or wrote): "Form follows function." Build your truck to do what it needs to do, not because somebody said X or Y or Z is the hot trick of the week.

According to what I read there, and on skyjacker.com, that kit is only the lower links (control arms?), and a trackbar relocation kit... no springs, shocks, leafs... It says right under the warrany thing that it needs other components to be a complete lift. The kit you found was a "box" that would help on an MJ with a 3" lift.

You keep pulling up all these third party sites for lifts too. That seems to be half your problem. Go directly to the manufacturer.

Rob L.

will this work http://www.eautoworks.com/product-Skyja ... manche.htm I'm really looking for something like a kit that comes with everything i need sorry about changing my mind so much

Mate, you STILL have not told us how you intend to use this truck. Not even God can tell you if this kit or that kit has everything you need until you figure out what you plan to do with the truck, and tell us.

Just as an example -- I think drop brackets are a great idea for a street-driven truck at 4" or lift. For a vehicle that will be used off road, drop brackets are rock magnets. They are worse than no lift at all, IMHO -- and I say that after several seasons of wheeling on them.

What's the plan, Stan?

will this work http://www.eautoworks.com/product-Skyja ... manche.htm I'm really looking for something like a kit that comes with everything i need sorry about changing my mind so much

Mate, you STILL have not told us how you intend to use this truck. Not even God can tell you if this kit or that kit has everything you need until you figure out what you plan to do with the truck, and tell us.

Just as an example -- I think drop brackets are a great idea for a street-driven truck at 4" or lift. For a vehicle that will be used off road, drop brackets are rock magnets. They are worse than no lift at all, IMHO -- and I say that after several seasons of wheeling on them.

What's the plan, Stan?

it will be used as a dd but will be used used offroad 2

If you're going to DD it, spend some coin and get a complete and decent quality kit. :thumbsup: Going half-assed can produce some strange driving quirks.

:agree:

And if it's a daily driver it is even more important to NOT go any higher than you need. Jeeps are already bricks on wheels. Get 'em up high in the air and they can be very unstable in an emergency maneuver.