ILLINOIS GULCH SEPT 20 2009

XJs4Ever

Met James & his Folks at the "Flies and Lies" bait shop in Deckers at 10:30 this morning and we all ran a new one to us. Its only about 4-5 miles around the loop, mostly steep climbs and sharp turns. One section called Moab Hill kept us busy for a couple hours attempting lines in open diffed Jeeps meant for locked rigs.

Gawd, I feel like I have been stacking boulders all afternoon. Hey, Wait a sec ........ I was!! As usual, the pics/vids don't show how steep anything is but trust us the first hill was insanely steep. We both tried to straddle the rut but that proved futile.

Cool place. Lots of camp spots but also lots of bikes/quads so best done on a week day rather than weekend. Not bashing them but they rip thru the forest doing 40mph and leave the trail in several spots - NOT COOL!!!!!!!!! :fs1:

Lots of trash too. Really pissed me off to see it but what can you do but pick it up?

And, a few videos..

James - your next........!

eh, it was a wheeling weekend, while you guys were up Illinois gulch, I did two trips up Loch Lomond, one on Friday morning and one on Sunday afternoon. I really couldn't have joined you guys on sunday until after 3pm.

Up at the Loch

Scott - I'm gonna need you to take me back to the Loch cuz I don't remember the turn-off but dammit when it comes to wheelin invites you gotta GIVE ME MORE NOTICE!!!!! I like that place and the first time I [we] went it was spitting snow and hail. We'll take James cuz its closer to his home than the deep south we been doing.

I also want to run Jenny Creek. It was closed when I hauled Cin out there but its gotta be open now.....???

here's us 3 years ago at Loch Lomond right after I bought the XJ.. And the dickhead who wouldnt share his pics!!!!!!! He is officially OFF the invite list....