supertop for trucks?

I'm not 100% sure on this but it appears that Toyota Tacoma & Ford Rangers w/ 72-73" bed are fairly close . I've looked at a number of sliding & folding tonneau sites and depending on the fastening system these 2 models are close enough to work on our SWB trucks . Try looking @ Softoppers (Colorado ) as thier system looks adjustable enough to work on MJ beds , let us know what you think of it :cheers:

vaquaro, thanks for that post, it appears they make one for the 6ft bed MJ! Softopper Model #TN73. Now all I have to do is free up 600 bucks.

http://www.softopper.com/Softopper_Mode ... 3%20inches

See if they will give us (Comanche Club ) a deal on multibles ? image_209027.gif Maybe they will pay you a commission ($600 ) for the intro to such a fine customer base ! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :thumbsup:

Why? Guess I could see a need if you need to remove and reinstall the topper multiple times a month or something, but what's the lifespan? Summer sun and frigid winters would eat it up petty quick. And $600? No thanks, I prefer my hard fiberglass shell. :nuts:

Why? Guess I could see a need if you need to remove and reinstall the topper multiple times a month or something, but what's the lifespan? Summer sun and frigid winters would eat it up petty quick. And $600? No thanks, I prefer my hard fiberglass shell. :nuts:

Thats exactly the reason I like this set up , I,ve had hard toppers but it,s APITA taking them on-off-on depending on what your hauling and the weather . I've used soft tonneaus as well ,but it's always a compromize trying to carry something "just a little too big/tall " in poor weather as well .....As to holding up to the rigors of foul weather , my boat sits open to the weather in our local marina(here on the WET coast ) with a simular top that has held up for over a decade . I recently inquired to a local marine top maker about building a topper like this and they said they couldn't make it for twice the price....Just food for thought :wavey:

• 2 weeks later...

I would guestimate a 7-10 year lifespan. Not too much different than the soft top that I had on my wrangler, and it was 7 years old before the window zippers started falling apart. And the soft tonneau on my ranger lasted 10 years.

I'd love to have one of these. Too bad they're so expensive.