transfercase drop

pug

It reduces your rear drive shaft angles. Needed with lots of lift on short wheelbase vehicles like Cherokees and Wranglers. Not needed on MJs as the drive shaft is more than long enough to not have too steep of an angle even at 7+" of lift. And even on vehicles where it is "needed" it is a quick and dirty fix that in my opinion should only be temporary until the problem can be fixed right.

The bad: Weakened cross member mount and lower ground clearance as your cross member will "float" an inch lower than the rest of the frame.

some XJ's (97 and newer) with as little as 3 inches of lift need a transfercase drop or SYE.

All XJs '96 and newer with 1" of lift or more need either a transfer case drop or a SYE to control vibrations.

But that's for the XJ with the new style output shaft. MJs typically don't need a transfer case drop.

The only reason i want to do this. Is because the transfercase hits the floorboard when i give it gas and shift. i replaced the trans mount and i did bend the floorboard up. Something else i changed both the motor mounts now my dw went away.