Removing door panel

OK, now I feel stupid again, my DS outer door handle broke off when I clipped a deer tonight, and I can't seem to figure out how to get the windo crank off. Also I can't figure out how to take the inner door handle apart so I CAN take the panel off. How exactly is this done, thanks in advance.

there is a retainer attached to it, its shaped like a horse shoe, it needs to be pulled, pushed off, if you can slip something in and push it out, be careful, they are under a little tension so they may fly off, the rag trick may work, ive never tried it though.

juse googled it and came up with this

http://home.earthlink.net/~goodspeeds/CRANK.HTM

this is the way that most vehicles are set up.

Jonathan

I checked my 88 and it's window crank doesn't have the retaining clip. It just pulls straight off. Somes years had the clip and some didn't.

i didnt realize this until after i hunted down my tool to take them off...ohwell..lol :hate banana:

I work putting in car stereos and have to search for them if they fly off, luckily one of the guys is good with a paperclip and some pliers, that or you can make one out of the black document clips. yea they are a fun little item to search after on the floor.

:mad:

be careful, they are under a little tension so they may fly off

Mine always shoot across the room, but I've got a good eye.

Well, if ya wore safety glasses you would have two good eyes :D

:nanner: :clapping: i used a cheap plastic comb once b4 i got a tool..lol

Man, this window crank is still kicking my @$$, I was able to see that mine does in fact NOT have a clip holding it in, but I still can't pull it off, it's almost as if the PO superglued the the thing on there, it won't give a millimeter. I think I'm at the point of saying screw it and breaking the d@mn thing off.

Well, I thought I'd let you all know, I finally got the window crank off, (I used 2 big flathead screwdrivers and a small piece of wood to do it) along with the door panel, now the next problem is trying to find a set of hands small enough to reach up and take the old broken outer handle off, is there any tricks to that that I don't know of?