another brake question?

went wheeling last weekend..my front brakes ended up locking up, both calipers were dragging and not releasing. What do I need to replace to fix this problem.... Should I do any upgrades at this point, Its a 92 xj with a 4.0 and it has an 8.8 rear end. so its disc disc. The truck was stopping fine before, but any upgrades would be much appreciated...thanks

You can pull the calipers off, and compress them as you would do during a pad change.

Then just compress, then pump the pedal, back and forth a few times. This is really only a bandaid, they'll be likely to seize up again.

Your best bet is new calipers.

We had this problem on the air cooled VWs I worked on before, the caliper/wheel cylinder would be fine, but the rubber brake line going to them would be swollen inside and not release pressure, and I agree on the slide pins, and the also look at the caliper mount at the top and bottom where the caliper rests on it, sometimes you can get wear spots there too that could cause problems, Take a grinder and grind them smooth if you see any indentation there.