**Need Injector Clip! *** Removing Fuel Lines from Fuel Rail

I want to replace my Injectors... I am trying to remove the fuel rail and the fuel return line is being kind of a pain in the butt... I see the clips, I've squeezed them in, tried the fuel line both directions and and it's not coming in or out. I haven't even messed with the rear fuel line, but it looks like it has a different type of connector also

Any help?

Sw2

You need the tool for the fuel line quick disconnects, 3/8" blue size if I remember correctly. It goes around the fuel line and you shove it into the quick disconnect to open the ears and it pops off. I got an assortment of plastic ones at Napa. Look like this:

OTC7363.jpg

You need the tool for the fuel line quick disconnects, 3/8" blue size if I remember correctly. It goes around the fuel line and you shove it into the quick disconnect to open the ears and it pops off. I got an assortment of plastic ones at Napa. Look like this:

OTC7363.jpg

OF COURSE...more crap I have to go buy...It never ends...

Last ones I did I got out just fine with a pair of pliers. :dunno:

You must be good then. :D I ruined the quick disco internals trying that. :( The plastic ones are real cheap though, and you can also use them on the tranny coolant lines too. :cheers:

if they're Renix lines, you don't need the disco tools.......squeeze the "ears" inward and push backwards while twisting the rubber line. If you've never had them off, they can be quite stubborn but just keep at it, twisting the line gently and they'll eventually pop off.

Jeff

if they're Renix lines, you don't need the disco tools.......squeeze the "ears" inward and push backwards while twisting the rubber line. If you've never had them off, they can be quite stubborn but just keep at it, twisting the line gently and they'll eventually pop off.

Jeff

This is the front one that I was fighting with first (unsuccessfully)

img4432w.jpg

And this is the back one that I have touched yet

img4433.jpg

Same here. Guess the connectors are different on the Renix. So that's good news SW2 - no new tools necessary! :cheers:

I've done plenty of "Squeezing the Ears Inward" and there is not much twist on the metal hard line so maybe I just need a bigger hammer...

When I squeeze the ears, I can get a touch of movement inwards, but I get absolutely nothing outwards at all.

for the front line, there is a metal clamp/bracket that holds it that you have to take off. Carefully pop that large plastic vaccuum "tree" connector (that big gizmo with all the vac lines running into/out of it) and remove the nut from the stud beneath it. Then you can pull the clamp off the stud.....freeing up the metal fuel line. That will give you more movement and help you get the line out of the QD.

There isn't much room on the back fitting, but it will come apart eventually. Try hitting both with some silicon spray as you try to work them apart.

Jeff

for the front line, there is a metal clamp/bracket that holds it that you have to take off. Carefully pop that large plastic vaccuum "tree" connector (that big gizmo with all the vac lines running into/out of it) and remove the nut from the stud beneath it. Then you can pull the clamp off the stud.....freeing up the metal fuel line. That will give you more movement and help you get the line out of the QD.

There isn't much room on the back fitting, but it will come apart eventually. Try hitting both with some silicon spray as you try to work them apart.

Jeff

PERFECT...that did the trick for the front one Jeff, took about 15 seconds once I freed up the line... I'm going to go wrassle with the back one now!

Wade

Thanks for all the help guys... back fuel line was easy also...

Other than losing one of the Injector Holder Clip things in the back of the bay (that I need to still find I guess) things are going much better... I'm probably done for the night, but should be able to get this buttoned back up and then just waiting for the new Valve Cover Gasket and I cleaned up the cover and was going to toss a coat of paint on it before it goes back on too just to look nice since it's already off. I was planning on picking up some high heat engine spray stuff, I assume that's OK?

img4434b.jpg