Auto or Stick?

Geonovast

Stick or Auto?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Stick or Auto?

• Stick
    • Auto

I don't know how long a manual trans lasts with water contamination, but I know low long a Peugeot will last with no fluid whatsoever. :D about 20 miles before I could no longer shift cause it finally got stuck in 3rd. then another 5 or 6 miles to get home. the dang thing blew a hole out the side while on the freeway traveling home. :fs1:

no trans will "last" with water in it, but a manual will last long enough to change it after wheeling usually, unless you drove 300 miles in your wheeler to get there. its just not a complete death sentence is all i was saying.

having both auto and manual transes apart for repair, i'll tell ya, there's maybe what 50 parts in a manual, and hundreds if not thousands in an auto considering solenoids, check balls, valve body sun gears, planetary, clutches, and all that crap.

I'd take a manual transmission over an automatic anyday regardless of the vehicle. I also look at it this way:

I do my own maintenance and spend extra money for high quality synthetic oil for my driveline.

Manual transmission = ~ 2 qts

Auto transmission = ~ 8 qts

:D

Stick in the 4wd MJ and SOON TO BE stick in the 2wd MJ. I just need someone (GEONOVAST) to get back up to Wisconsin and swap his 2wd AX-15 out of his so I can swap it back in mine... :popcorn:

P.S. I Really Really Really don't want to be swapping this thing over in the dead of winter... :rotfl2: