who makes the best spray in bed liner

Myron

So, I am currently in search mode myself. I would stay away from the body shops as they seem to not use the best stuff...just go and ask to see a sample of their work, and you'll understand why. In my area, there are a few small shops that specialize in this, they are reasonably priced and tend to do quality work. Aside from those options, that leaves the big two "Rhino liner" and "Line-x". The upside is these guys have a hell of a reputation, and nationwide lifetime warranty, so should you damage the liner, you can get it fixed no matter where in the country you live, furthermore the warranty transfers if you ever sold your truck. The downside is they are EXPENSIVE. They want between $550-$700 to do an over the rail in my MJ :nuts: where as the one of the local guys that has done one for me in the past wants $450. One thing worth a shot is to go onto Rhino linings website as they are (or at least were) doing a promotion where you filled out a quick survey and could get a $25, $50, $100 credit or a FREE spray in liner...I got the $25.00 one :fs1: , as with most who take the survey I am sure, but its worth a try :dunno: One last point, if your truck has been repainted, expect resistance as they are wierd about doing anything on a re-paint, especially on an older truck. Good luck.

-James

Well, like I said, I had my LWB done by Line-X 5 years ago for $250. Ouch -inflation sucks. But I did not do the over the bed option. Like James said, not recommended for a new paint job. Check out Taz's post on what happened to his new paint job. Not recommended.

I researched this quite a bit and will be spraying in the next few weeks. I bought the U-Pol Raptor kit. Comes with 4 cans of paint, hardner, and a spray gun. I just picked up my tape and masking supplies. I will keep the bedliner off of the bed rails since the body guy did a great job getting them straight. I will keep the liner under that bedrail lip.

Wow. That kit really did a nice job on that TJ. Looks so much better than the herculiner that I used on my CJ7 tub. I think I'll plan on using Raptor on my MJ bed when I get to that point. There is a full kit on ebay for $97 buy-it-now. Thanks for the link, completely changed my mind. I was planning on spending some bucks for line-x. :ack:

A little I've learned about them in the last week. Rhino liner used to be (and still is some places) a cold spray and from what I can understand is the weakest available. Rhino now has a hot spray that they use for all their products. They also have hardline, a harder liner that is more scratch resistant and has a cottage cheese type texture, not the grippy stuff like most spray-ins. Line X has always had hot spray and they have a new liner out they call XTRA. It has Dupont Kevlar? in it which they claim is up to five times stronger than steel. and it's the grippy stuff I'm used to seeing in bedliners. It also comes in colors. I'm not sure if the new Rhino does or not. But they both come with a nationwide warranty for as long as YOU own your truck. Does anyone on here have either of the two or know someone that does? Also Line X has this thing called ReNew that restores your existing spray in liner and and fills in light rough patches for you guys that have one but it's faded or boogered up a little.

If you have a re-painted truck be careful with the over the rail Line-x (maybe others too). Taz had a problem where it started to peel the paint.

Good point. The guy who painted my bed said that non factory paint can bubble and peel. If you still have the factory primer on your truck, sand down to that and the bed liner will lay perfect.