throttle body spacer.

From what little research Ive done, reading here and other places, they say it can help a throttle body or carb setup some, but really no help to a port injected setup. And just about everyone Ive seen say it is worthless has put it on a port injected engine. I don't remember the price of one, but I don't think it was much, and if it helps a little, it may be worth it for us 2.5 guys. Yes I agree gearing is the best thing you can do, but a touch more power can't hurt either. Ive gone to 4:10 on my MJ, and it has helped, butyou laways want more. And many of us with 2.5's don't have the option of swapping to a 4.0 easilly. I say go for it, it can't hurt, and could even help a little, just don't get your hopes to high!

Yeah I have the renix TBI 2.5. I really am not looking for more power out of the spacer I was jus hoping to squeeze 1 or 2 more mpgs to add to the already good gas mileage I am getting out of the motor. I guess for 70 bucks I can just try it out and see what I get. :dunno:

I am not a big fan of cold air intakes. They look cool but the factory setup keeps most of the dirt out and that is all I want it to do.

I am not a big fan of cold air intakes. They look cool but the factory setup keeps most of the dirt out and that is all I want it to do.

:agree: i've seen tons of guys take them back off because of how dirty their oil and throttle bodies were getting.

I installed the cone filter cold air tube recently as I was doing my power steering conversion, but have yet to check to see if it made a difference in the oil or TB. And now that I'm replacing another water pump, I have decided to get the Spal electric fan controller and get rid of the engine driven fan. That is probably the next best thing to gearing that will help the 2.5. It will definitely do more than a spacer, but I too will probably get the spacer later on.

Yeah I have the renix TBI 2.5. I really am not looking for more power out of the spacer I was jus hoping to squeeze 1 or 2 more mpgs to add to the already good gas mileage I am getting out of the motor. I guess for 70 bucks I can just try it out and see what I get. :dunno:

That'll never happen unless you change your driving style at the same time (which is frequently how any of these "mpg improvers" work). It's an unmeasurable difference when it comes to mpgs (sorta like the CAD). You'd be much better off spending that $70 on gas.