need new motor mounts, replace with OEM or upgrade?

my motor mounts are toasty. I need to replace them. with a quick search online I found that stock replacement mounts are around 10 dollars or less. on the other hand M.O.R.E. makes a heavy duty set that runs about 140+SH and the ones by brown dog for about 75 (free shipping)

is it really worth the extra 70+ dollars for a beefier mount? what are the benefits other then the obvious strength of the beefed up ones over stock?

Thanks,

Jonathan

*edit: brown dog MM have free shipping*

If you check MORE's site, you will notice with their bomb proof ones on a unibody vehicle like our trucks, they will transmit engine vibrations to the passenger compartment. On a strictly trail rig, this might be okay. On a daily driver it may be annoying.

MORE actually makes 2 different motor mounts for the XJ/MJ. One with rubber bushings and one with poly bushings. I'd HIGHLY recommend if you go with MORE to get the one's with the rubber bushings or you'll shake your brains out with the poly.

We've installed a set of the Brown Dog mounts and I was very happy with the quality of them. Spend the extra on the BD one's to go with the rubber bushings as well; your brain will thank you. I think the cost on the rubber version is right at $100.

Really the only benefit I can see with going with the MORE one's is that they are zinc coated whereas the BD one's are just painted. Is it worth the extra coin, probably not...

i dunno..... a quality original replacement motor mount is gonna last as long as the originals, won't' fall apart for probably 90k or more. i just replaced my originals at 120k/ 19yrs, i just bought a quality replacement from car quest. not sure if moog makes a motor mount for it, but they are quality everytime. i think i paid around 35 bux each or so.

but it is true about the poly, stay away from those.

well this is going to be mostly a trail rig, with 6 inches of lift and 36X12.50 tires I don't think ride could get much worse. I had my buddy order me some stock mounts from Crown for about 20 bucks for the pair so I will be going that route.

if these go bad in a short time I will think about the Brown dog ones but I think these will be OK for my application.

Thanks for the input,

Jonathan