custom intake

mnkyboy

I was digging through old pics and came across these,it was a car that came into the shop i was working at about 10 years ago.

Check out the intake,it made of PCV pipe,dairyqueen cups and resperator cartridges. you also may notice the MAF is missing. It drove in like that

AAAGGGGHHHH!!!! A Dodge Colt! Run away!!!!! Seriously though, you do have to give some props to whoever figured out a "more flow efficent" set-up than the factory one. But on a Colt? That's like trying to put a bigger airvalve on a blow-up doll.

I wouldnt be hating on colts man, Some of them are MEAN!

yes they can be pretty mean,turbo colts moved ok. the cool thing with the colt/mirage is an eclipse 4G63 DOHC turbo is pretty much a bolt in.

Drop in a 4G64 block with a 4G63 DOHC head,stick on a big turbo and hang on jamminz.gif

Really the home made intake didnt work very well,it still used the stock airbox and filter and removing the MAF sensor made it run like crap.

It was just a piece of tweaker inginuity :nuts:

The MAF (actually a Kharman vortex generator ) is inside the black cannister behind the battery. I can see the plug still going to it. But having the tube open would make the engine run very lean.

your right it is hooked up in the pic,it wasnt there when the car came in.

the car belonged to the customers late husband, he had bought it new and did all the stuff to it. after he died she couldnt get it to run right so she brought it in with a box of brand new parts he had removed from it. the air meter was among those parts,IIRC she couldnt find the missing intake hose right away so we hooked it up to the homemade intake temporarily.