3 Bucket seats across, in the MJ cab?!?

Anyone try it?

I just got one of these:

(Edit,

ewps, left out the link: http://www.actionimport.com/Catalog_EMP ... _Seats.htm )

1/2 way down the page

"Child Race-Trim Super Seat - Tweed Cloth with Black Vinyl Sides

EMPI-62-2771-2.jpg

Fully welded and painted frame construction provides strength and rust resistance. Special weather-proof suspended bladder gives these seats the off-road integrity and comfort that others just can't supply. Top it off with U.V. resistant heavy duty black vinyl along with tweed cloth inserts and you have one attractive, comfortable, durable and off-road ready seat. Seats accommodate seat belts and have standard tab style mounts which can be mounted fixed, mount tabs are 9.5" side to side and 10.5" front to rear. Seats are boxed to be shipped UPS. 23" overall height from bottom of tab to top of headrest, 15." overall outside width/15.5" shoulder width.

Seat is small, but fits my 5yo perfectly (he's skinny, so probably good for another year, or 2 atleast)

No pics for now (camera isn't here :ack: )

but I mocked it up on a 4" stand above the hump, and it's reeeaaally tight, but I think it'll work. :banana:

If the seating position works for the little guy, I'm gonna make a 9.5"wx4"hx21"L mounting box under the seat (could even make a drawer for storage, but that might be a little much).

I have to move both (2001XJ) seats closer to the doors, but the seating position doesn't seem that cramped (getting him & a passenger in there might change my mind tho).

So anyone else try this?

Did you like it, hate it, or :???:

Would be for trips to the store, trail runs, but not daily driving with 3 across.

I have 97 dodge dakota seats in mine,It has two buckets then a large armrest/storage compartment that folds into a 3rd seat so its kinda like having 3 buckets.

Its nice to have the extra seat even though it is cramped with 3 people.

I have 97 dodge dakota seats in mine,It has two buckets then a large armrest/storage compartment that folds into a 3rd seat so its kinda like having 3 buckets.

I like that little flip up console/seat,

it would fit the cab better than the mini-race seat too,

but I didn't think there'd be enough support to take the little guy wheeling in it (+ legally, he needs atleast a booster seat).

Have you driven it with 3 people across?

That's gonna be the decider for me, if I can't wheel with him in the middle, a full size seat is gonna go in the bed for 'someone'

(I'm thinking 'she' won't like that tho :rant: )

I drive 3 across all the time, i recently did a 2.5hr roadtrip with my sister and her friend.

that was a little cramped but not too bad.

usually my 6yr old is in the middle,without the booster it works great but its real tight with the booster.

ive never wheeled with 3 across so i don't know how well that would work.

my truck is probably a little worse then most though, its a stick so i need shifting room plus it doesnt have power steering so i need a little extra space to steer

:needpics:

I'm gonna move forward with this. :D

Had Jake & mom sit in their respective seats, and all three of us were snug, but comfy, and there was still plenty of elbow room to shift (tho a shoulder harness is a must to keep him from leaning forward at the wrong time, and catching an elbow :( )

FWIW, I was also checking out the Ranger 60/40 split bench.

Nice setup, but since the 60% section is on the drivers side, it would get pretty cramped with a booster seat in there.

I took some pics:

Here's the seat (& Jake):

(can you tell this is his favorite shirt :yes: )

& here it is mocked up on a 3.5" high mount (for visibility & legroom):

None of the seats are bolted in yet,

and it looks more cramped in the pics than it really is.

Seat actually makes a comfy armrest when he's not in it.

Gotta love them Yanks! jamminz.gif :D

Yeah, I'll bet you're lovin' them after they swept the BoSox 4-straight. :( The Yanks are definitely the class of the AL East (and MLB too) at the moment. The Sox are back in Fenway against the Tigers tonight so hopefully they'll turn the tide. :thumbsup: PLEASE!!! :cheers:

Yeah, I know we're off-topic..................

EDIT: Sox win, Yanks lose. :D Sox picked up a game. :banana: