Pedro moves under his own power

whowey

Well.. I got my annual notice of non-compliance. What that basically means is that I had a non-liscensed, non-insured vehicle in my driveway. I was given 10 days to plate it.. or move it. They also stipulated that it had to move every 5 days under its own power or it would be towed.

We have two new cops in town that are trying to score brownies with the Chief, and are actually towing cars this year.

So I had to address my poor Pedro and the fact he has sat for over two years in the same place. But after hooking the jumper cables up and a couple of shots of starter fluid. He pretty much fired right up. Quite a bit of coughing and sputtering.. and 2 year old Ethanol-50 smells MUCH worse when being burnt than gas.. I got him into the garage to hide out from Johnny Law. Now I have a HUGE pile of crap sitting the driveway that was in the bed.. and a big pile of junk from the garage in the bed. And for the record... a LWB MJ fits inside a 20 foot deep one car garage... with a little room to spare... I have no idea how people were expected to put their cars into these garages in the 40's-50's.....

My house was built in the 40s and when the 50s rolled around, the previous owners busted out a hole in the back cinderblocks so they could fit in their new car. :shake: When we came in, my dad tore it down and built a 24x20. It's still a tight squeeze to get my truck in there. :(

24X20 here too in the new house (actually the door is only 20' wide, didn't notice that on the build as I was more worried about the height and if my MJ would roll in/out....it does but with only about 3" to spare :roll: ). I'm in the same boat as Pete...I've got a D-ring hitch mounted in the front receiver that I have to take out or else I smash my thigh trying to walk in front of it nosed-in. If I still had the stock step bumper I'm not sure if the door would close or not ;)

Jeff

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Well.. I got my annual notice of non-compliance. What that basically means is that I had a non-liscensed, non-insured vehicle in my driveway. I was given 10 days to plate it.. or move it. They also stipulated that it had to move every 5 days under its own power or it would be towed. We have two new cops in town that are trying to score brownies with the Chief, and are actually towing cars this year.

Man, I'm glad they don't do that down here. If you have a lot of derelict junk cars and trucks sitting in your yard that's a sure sign of redneck wealth. :D

Good to hear its on the move Will! Maybe you should dust off the ol' girl and drive it around for awhile... Bring it by me in Harvard.

Rob L.

Would love to.. but three problems... No plates, no insurance and the most important.... The adventure brakes.... One time I press the pedal.. Lots of brakes.. next time none..Zero. I was sitting at a stoplight and the pedal goes to floor and the truck starts rolling...

its in your driveway????????????????? :huh???:
Man, I'm glad they don't do that down here. If you have a lot of derelict junk cars and trucks sitting in your yard that's a sure sign of redneck wealth. :D

Yup.. in my driveway in front of my garage. All four tires on the concrete. The original intention of the ordinance was a good one. We have a couple of big apartment complexes that are run by the local slumlord. The parking lot behind the one looked like a new batch had just arrived at the pick-n-pull.

I ALMOST took a job in Birmingham. But the weather is too rough on my wife's health. I wanted to move down there 'cause everything was dirt cheap and noone cared about how much junk you had.

I will go take a picture once I get everything back in place... The MJ will barely be able to be seen... If it was lifted at all it wouldnt have fit. I actually scraped the side of the door a bit getting it in there.

Illinois sucks. I have the same rule in my town. It has to be plated(registered), and insured. Fortuneatly(sp?), the code enforcement officer hasn't hassled me about it. I have a BUNCH of old retired people who have nothing better than to call the cops on people.

In fact, just recently, while I was selling my '88 MJ plow truck, I had someone call on me for parking 3 cars driverside to the curb(facing the wrong way). The block is undeveloped past me, so I thought I could just do it until we closed the deal. A local cop then drove down and asked me to move all of them or face a fine, so I did, and asked who reported it, but he couldn't say. :roll:

Whoever called, failed to realize my Fire department connections, and within 15 minutes of a text to the Dispatch supervisor, had the adress, name, and phone number of the cowards. :brows: They just happend to be the people on the entrance to the block(couple of young people, just moved in), who seem to have a problem obeying the parking rules themselves. Probably called to seek revenge, after people called on them so many times. I thought about going down there and giving them a piece of my mind, but didn't want to give out my source for knowing they called.

So this is the plan: I have this lazy habit of putting bad milk on the back deck because I don't want to smell it in the sink forever, so I have roughly 5-7 half gallons of sun beaten, curdled milk, that have been curing since about march out there. :ack: I tried thinking of ways to deposit the milk under their windows but fell short, because I wanted a way to leave it without dealing with the smell on the way there, or getting it all over myself. I told the next door neighbor of the plan, and she suggested freezing it in the gallons, and cutting them out on a hot night, then leaving them in their bushes. Brilliant.

And I alredy talked to my dispatch friend, who said let him know the night before, and he will just "forget" to send an officer out if they call. Going to suck to open your windows on a nice day and smell my rotten milk soaking into your mulch under the window. :D

IF they would have just asked me to move them, I'd have been fine. But you just don't mess with Rob L. :no:

Rob L. :cheers:

Open their car door and poor some down the vents. It will smell whenever they turn the heat on. Raw chicken can also be used. :ack:

Too risky. You spend most of your time at home. I would like to hit them there. :brows:

Rob L.