Jeep XJ-002 Bolide

landlubber

http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/jeep/bolide.php

anyone ever seen this? kind of a prelude to the AMC Eagles. very cool. i'd take one jamminz.gif

"The Jeep XJ-002 concept car was the only Jeep concept car to be built by an outside firm, and was the last concept car authorized by Kaiser-Jeep before the takeover by AMC. Built in 1969, using a Commando pickup frame and running gear (provided through Albro Leasing to Borg-Warner’s Marbon Chemical Division, Centaur Engineering Group), the car appears to be the first modern SUV concept vehicle. The literature described it as the first four wheel drive Jeep Sports Car and All Purpose Utility Vehicle."

jeep-bolide.jpg

jeep-XJ-002-concept.jpg

• 12 years later...

i own the actual car.  the sport and utility vechicle designation is not mine but the designers and jeep vp who authorized it largely because build on jeep commando pickup truck frame.  not abbreviated suv at the time.  it is being restored (an interminable process due to finances and time) to the exact specs as shown at the ny international car show in 1970.  all nos or original to car parts.

2 hours ago, jeep bolide x-j002 said:

i own the actual car.  the sport and utility vechicle designation is not mine but the designers and jeep vp who authorized it largely because build on jeep commando pickup truck frame.  not abbreviated suv at the time.  it is being restored (an interminable process due to finances and time) to the exact specs as shown at the ny international car show in 1970.  all nos or original to car parts.

So… obviously we need pictures!! :popcorn:

• 4 weeks later...