Daylight saving...

DirtyComanche

So, congratulations to me, I finally figured out that it is actually 10:30 here. Not 11:30 as I would have suspected earlier. Things are making way more sense now.

Edit, now if only I could figure out what forum this sort of stuff should go in...

Nah, I'd posted in tech by accident. I guess that's what happens when you drive for too long in parts of the world where the road is entirely straight.

More or less I'm wondering why this entire country (and it applies to my neighbours to the south) couldn't agree on having DST. Part of northern BC ignores it, along with Saskatchewan, but oddly Alberta has no problem with it... I don't recall if Manitoba does or not, I guess I'll find out whenever I get there. This leads to randomly resetting my clock and wondering why all the restaurants are open/closed when they 'shouldn't' be.

I seem to remember that some areas in the US midwest are different then their neighboring towns. Something to do with the cows I'm told. :dunno:

One of the base staff in Ft St John had always said "We're on farmer's time, the animals don't care what time it is, they need to be fed". They don't observe DST. Of course, only 30kms down the road and you're in Alberta, where WAY more cattle are raised, and they observe DST.