i thought i had it all figured out! (2wd to 4wd)

So i FINALLY get all my front end bits together and in and lifted. back it out of the driveway for a tour around the block and GRIND!!! wtf? oh ya the calipers from my 2wd axle won't work with the 4wd axle!!! i could have sworn someone told me they would work.... maybe it came to me in a dream. well i guess i'll have to swap them over from the doner xj.

anyone have any tricks for getting the hard line detatched from the flex line? mine are siezed!! crapola!

W

:Canadaflag:

the rotor actually rubs the inside of the caliper... pads, flex lines, caliper castings, piston, well everything except the bolt spacing. not a big deal to change but it might be a major PITA! Will heat hurt the lines or fittings?

it may be the only way to get them out. seemed to be pretty seized.

thanks

W

its not the lines, its the caliper, i have replacements from the donor xj... i just know the hard lines are seized into the flex lines. don't want to twist the hell out of the hard lines when trying to take them off!!

W

Just completed the 2wd to 4wd and 4" lift to my 90 comanche. We swapped an 89 4.0 cherokee D-30 into the mj and fortunately the new calipers I had on the old 2wd setup match the 4wd axle exactly, but I don't doubt that the late models have had improvement in their brakes.

As soon as I complete the soa conversion on the D-44 I'll post new pics. I have read a number of differing stories as to the spring perch measurements between the mj and xj, I can only state that my 90 mj M-35 is 42" center to center and the 89 xj D-44 is 44"

just did the caliper swap, fluid film and some heat along with a little patience and they came right off. thanks for everybody for your input.

now its heading to the spring shop for some lift in the rear and a badly needed alignment!

thanks again

W